Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   DIY Aquarium (
-   -   [Question] 3/4" o.d. intake tube to 3/4" pvc pipe (

foxxit 08-05-2007 05:35 PM

[Question] 3/4" o.d. intake tube to 3/4" pvc pipe

I was wondering if there is a reducer or union that I could connect my 3/4" marineland extension tube to a 3/4" standard pvc pipe so that I could further extend my intake tube with pvc since pvc is cheaper than what marineland is selling.

Thanks for helping a newbie out.

blueblue48 08-05-2007 05:47 PM

well today i bought a new biowhell (i think 220?) and it came with its own little connector. it think your best shot is your local hardware store? have you tried there yet?

foxxit 08-05-2007 06:15 PM

yeah. i tried lowes' today. seems like marineland accessory like tubing is not sized like pvc pipe. the intake tube is 3/4" outer diameter and standard pvc like 1/2" has an outer diameter of 5/8" and 1/2" id. pvc and any flexible tubing are much cheaper from home improvements store than fish stores. but i think marineland decides not to standardize its sizing like that of plumbing so it can sell more of its own accessories.

blueblue48 08-05-2007 06:33 PM

well in that case i really cant think of what else to do, how much is one of those adaptors because you might just have to buy one.

herefishy 08-05-2007 07:55 PM

Use barbed fittings.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome