Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   Can I save them? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/can-i-save-them-73020/)

alysalouise 06-19-2011 12:27 AM

Can I save them?
 
I just bought 2 very pregnant fish today, and they died trying to have their babies
is there anyway i can get the babies out or is it to late?

mjbn 06-19-2011 12:43 AM

If the mothers died without laying the eggs, then i don't think there's anyway for them to live..

alysalouise 06-19-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjbn (Post 705053)
If the mothers died without laying the eggs, then i don't think there's anyway for them to live..



Its a live breeder not an egglayer.....
egglayers lay eggs pretty much every day..

mjbn 06-19-2011 01:06 AM

Ohhh, then in that case, there is a chance. What kind of livebearer is it?

alysalouise 06-19-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjbn (Post 705081)
Ohhh, then in that case, there is a chance. What kind of livebearer is it?


One is a Molly
One is a Platy

mjbn 06-19-2011 01:12 AM

I've never had experience with them but i'm sure if you have some plants for them to hide in and feed them well as well as keep their water clean, that they will grow.

alysalouise 06-19-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjbn (Post 705087)
I've never had experience with them but i'm sure if you have some plants for them to hide in and feed them well as well as keep their water clean, that they will grow.



No i mean the moms died in labor, meaning the babies are still inside them
I have a net breeder to put the babies in until i go and pick up another 10 gallon fish tank from a friend of mine

alysalouise 06-19-2011 01:22 AM

Nevermind
 
Its probably to late by now, im sure the babies died in her tummy shortly after she did


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2