Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Saltwater Aquarium Equipment (
-   - = Worst possible place to buy TruLumen Pro LED from (

MaverickReef 06-14-2011 03:12 PM = Worst possible place to buy TruLumen Pro LED from
Back in may I've decided to convert my BioCube 29 to LED. So I've started shopping and decide to go with a simple add LED Strip to my Cube. The CurrentUSA TrueLumen Pro 12" seemed appropriate and had them for a fair price (maybe to good) So I when and ordered the LED and a Power Supply. The purchase was done on the 11th of may and was due to ship on the 13th....First issue it only shipped the 20th. On the 23rd I receive my package promply opened it and found inside the paper, bubble wrap and a power supply that was it ! nothing else not even an invoice ! I called right away and the also the next day. At first they mention that they would ship a replacement ASAP....but the following week they changed their mind they wanted to get refund by USPS first and then they would ship a replacement. They offered to refund and I did accept since I did not want to wait week for my replacement I decided to buy ReefBrite instead (was available locally) great choice I should have done this the first time. Now 4 weeks later I still await refund on my Amex from

Be smart buy locally the reefbrite product

PS. Many reviews are now recommending not to get the TrueLumen Pro

Reece 08-11-2011 11:44 AM

Ha. I've had a bad history with them... I bought another type of light (can't remember what it was called). They rang me saying they'd get me a refund as when it came it was just a box with nothing inside :L it took me 3 months to get te refund. I rang after 2 weeks of my first call and they said their system "forgot"