Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (
-   -   has anybody heard of this? (

serpaekeeper45 07-30-2007 07:52 PM

has anybody heard of this?
i bought a product called stress appearantly is benificial bacteria in some form.can this be used to help cycle a tank faster? i just got another 10 gal and set it up in record time so im open to suggestions on that subject also.

Zapher 07-30-2007 08:37 PM

I personally love Stress Zyme. I use it after pretty much every water change. It is beneficial bacteria in a bottle. Now i have just recently heard, and naturally cant remember the names, that there are basically two types of bacteria that break down ammonia and nitrate. One, the type Stress Zyme contains, does about 10% of the work. The other, which i cannot remember the name, they have just released as a new product that does the other 90%. So i would completely encourage you using Stress Zyme as it does make a difference, but at the same time dont rely too much on it. Still wait atleast a week or if you insist upon adding fish immediately, do it very sparingly. The type of fish you want makes a big difference too as some are more hardy than others.

Also, if you have ever heard of a product called Cycle, it is basically the same exact thing as Stress Zyme.

herefishy 07-30-2007 09:02 PM

I use the product religiously, once a week, in all of my tanks. I buy it but the gallon cases. Believe me, it doesn't go far with all of the tanks in my basement. Great product, as are all of the products from API.

serpaekeeper45 07-30-2007 09:17 PM

im hoping to move the neos from my other overstocked 10 gal into thins new tank i just 4 neons and i want to get 2 dwarf gouramis.

Gump 07-30-2007 11:37 PM

I don't think its needed. If you have enough filtration you should never seen any ammonia or nitrites in the first place.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome