Live rocks in Frech Water - Need advise
I am moving about 100 pounds of older live rock into a fresh water tank. I got them from someone who took down a salt water tank. I need to clean these rocks, obviously...
Can I just bleach them in water with some bleach and then rinse them to death? Anyone think that would be a problem? It is either that or boiling them. Anyone have any suggestions? These are great decorations and I want to use them in a bad way.
I wouldn't bleach them because they will soak up the bleach and it could take a while to get rid or it (same with wood). You could boil it all or if you don't have the tank set up yet put the rock in the FW and all the salt bacteria and anything growing on it will die and rot off and do a few water changes and check the levels after a few weeks and you should be good to go.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.