Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Aquaripure (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquaripure/)
-   -   Aquaripure Feedback (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/aquaripure/aquaripure-feedback-71412/)

Aquaripure 05-27-2011 10:41 AM

Aquaripure Feedback
 
I received this e-mail today and wanted to share as it might help others.

Hi John,

I thought you would like some feedback.
It has been exactly 28 days since I installed the aquaripure onto my 300 litre tank, established for 7 months now…..
Prior to doing this, my nitrates were at 160ppm plus and no end of water changes (50%, twice a week) would only reduce it to around 80 ppm….The tank is well over stocked, over 100 fish incl some smaller ones like 16 neons and some small tetras, but also some larger fish (by comparison)such as golden and pearl gouramis, 4 electric yellows etc, 16 sailfin mollies etc…. They live together peacefully…. It is a heavy bioload, and It is an experiment in cohabitation! J

By comparison, In the last 4 weeks, I did one water change of 60 litres. This was due to having to wash out the pimafix/melafix medication which was used to treat a suspected fin rot problem, as per instructions on the bottle. That was a week ago…. I have been testing the nitrate level weekly and it stayed stable at around 80ppm following a 50% water change (the day before I installed the Aquaripure) to 160ppm…. For the last 3 weeks.

Today, I was pleasantly surprised to find my nitrates at 10 ppm – I did the test twice just to make sure.

What did I do to cycle it so quickly? I thought about the instructions on the aquaripure regarding it having to be the primary filter….. and I spiked the tank into a minicycle by washing 3 of the four sponges in the canister filter in chlorinated tap water and then I doubled the amount of food I was feeding the fish. I did this so the aquaripure would cycle quicker as it was forced into being the primary filter. I tested for ammonia and nitrites daily to make sure that the levels didn’t spike too far and also added Seachem Stability daily at the recommended maintenance dose for the first seven days….
In conjunction, 8mls of “sugared water” mixed to the ration you specified in the instructions, has been added to the Aquaripure filter on a Wednesday and a Sunday, as per the instructions that came with it……..


So, the end result at day 28 is:
1. 10ppm nitrates,
2. happier fish that are finally growing due to the reduction in nitrates and not having to be frugal with the fish food due to fear of increasing the nitrate level…..
3. and of course a happy customer – Thank you.

I hope this feedback can be useful to other users of your product…..

Kind Regards,
Peter


Aquaripure 05-27-2011 10:42 AM

My response was, "Hello Peter,

That is great and I really appreciate the feedback. I believe your success is due to the fact that you took the time to try and understand the filter and simply followed the directions.

You would be surprised at how many customers just do not follow the directions and these are the people posting complaints here and there. For example, one guy with a tank not unlike yours refused to ever remove any of his other biological filtration and it never cycled at all. He now complains about my product on forums!

Fortunately, the majority of my customers figure it out and get good results such as yours ...

Thank you again for your feedback."

kevender 03-31-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaripure (Post 684734)
I received this e-mail today and wanted to share as it might help others.

Hi John,

I thought you would like some feedback.
It has been exactly 28 days since I installed the aquaripure onto my 300 litre tank, established for 7 months now…..
Prior to doing this, my nitrates were at 160ppm plus and no end of water changes (50%, twice a week) would only reduce it to around 80 ppm….The tank is well over stocked, over 100 fish incl some smaller ones like 16 neons and some small tetras, but also some larger fish (by comparison)such as golden and pearl gouramis, 4 electric yellows etc, 16 sailfin mollies etc…. They live together peacefully…. It is a heavy bioload, and It is an experiment in cohabitation! J

By comparison, In the last 4 weeks, I did one water change of 60 litres. This was due to having to wash out the pimafix/melafix medication which was used to treat a suspected fin rot problem, as per instructions on the bottle. That was a week ago…. I have been testing the nitrate level weekly and it stayed stable at around 80ppm following a 50% water change (the day before I installed the Aquaripure) to 160ppm…. For the last 3 weeks.

Today, I was pleasantly surprised to find my nitrates at 10 ppm – I did the test twice just to make sure.

What did I do to cycle it so quickly? I thought about the instructions on the aquaripure regarding it having to be the primary filter….. and I spiked the tank into a minicycle by washing 3 of the four sponges in the canister filter in chlorinated tap water and then I doubled the amount of food I was feeding the fish. I did this so the aquaripure would cycle quicker as it was forced into being the primary filter. I tested for ammonia and nitrites daily to make sure that the levels didn’t spike too far and also added Seachem Stability daily at the recommended maintenance dose for the first seven days….
In conjunction, 8mls of “sugared water” mixed to the ration you specified in the instructions, has been added to the Aquaripure filter on a Wednesday and a Sunday, as per the instructions that came with it……..


So, the end result at day 28 is:
1. 10ppm nitrates,
2. happier fish that are finally growing due to the reduction in nitrates and not having to be frugal with the fish food due to fear of increasing the nitrate level…..
3. and of course a happy customer – Thank you.

I hope this feedback can be useful to other users of your product…..

Kind Regards,
Peter


great news,,,I just purchased the large unit,,,,my nitrates are at a screamin 180ppm,,,,,This thing sounds too good to be true but Ive seen too many positive testimonials like yours,,,,very excited to see the end of my red algae issues,,,,also with addition of phosphate reactor,,,Thanks for posting

kevender 03-31-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaripure (Post 684735)
My response was, "Hello Peter,

That is great and I really appreciate the feedback. I believe your success is due to the fact that you took the time to try and understand the filter and simply followed the directions.

You would be surprised at how many customers just do not follow the directions and these are the people posting complaints here and there. For example, one guy with a tank not unlike yours refused to ever remove any of his other biological filtration and it never cycled at all. He now complains about my product on forums!

Fortunately, the majority of my customers figure it out and get good results such as yours ...

Thank you again for your feedback."

I only installed the Large unit a few days ago,,,,,NEVER have I purchased a product that works right out of box,,,,exactly as your video shows,,,,and thankyou for that as well,,,,,,This product is extremely well made and it should cost twice as much for the results Ive heard it obtains,,,,I had it set to 6 drops per second filling cup to 15mls the first try,,,,,Thanking you in advance,,,,I have complete faith in you and your product,....wish I knew about it when it first hit market.....I hope you become a billionaire my friend.

Aquaripure 04-03-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevender (Post 1031033)
I only installed the Large unit a few days ago,,,,,NEVER have I purchased a product that works right out of box,,,,exactly as your video shows,,,,and thankyou for that as well,,,,,,This product is extremely well made and it should cost twice as much for the results Ive heard it obtains,,,,I had it set to 6 drops per second filling cup to 15mls the first try,,,,,Thanking you in advance,,,,I have complete faith in you and your product,....wish I knew about it when it first hit market.....I hope you become a billionaire my friend.

Thank you very much for your business and your trust. I would only like to state that there is a bit of patience required initially while your tank transforms to an Aquaripure tank but once it is done, it will be well worth the effort and wait. Just remember that if you have or any other customers have any questions or concerns regarding the process customer service is available at aquaripure@yahoo.com


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2