panda cory flashing with eye growth
Hey guys, sorry for making a second thread, but I think it would be better as to make a updated list of when the symptoms happened. The eye growth hasn't bothered M (my panda cory) before, but she started flashing a little bit the other night, rubbing the growth against the sand, so I'm starting to worry. She is now in my bigger 26 gallon, and the flashing has stopped *for now* but I am worried about the growth as it hasn't gone away or gotten smaller.
1. Size of tank? 12 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0 ammonia
b. Nitrite? .25 ppm
c. Nitrate? 10-20 ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.8, do not know kH or gH
e. Test kit? API master liquid test kit
3. Temperature? 77
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 month and a half
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
3 platys, 3 panda corys, 3 sterbai corys, 3 julii corys. All about a month, save for the one with the growth. Had that one for 2-3 months.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? Yes
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Had 2 bunches of anacharis, 1 bunch of wisteria, 1 java fern, 2 banana plants, 5 anubias plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 3 pieces of drift wood
9. a. Filtration? Eclipse 6 filter, sponge filter, duetto 100
b. Heater? aqueon 50 watt
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 4-8 hours a day, flourescent 60 hz.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Not really; just ambient light throughout the day.
11. a. Water change schedule? 1-2 times weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 3-5 gallons
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Seachem prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? 1-2 times weekly, done same time with water changes
12. Foods? Sinking pellets, tetrafin crisps
How often are they fed? 2 times daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Was flashing against the sand, rubbing the growth.
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Healthy red
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Treated with melafix and primafix.
b. What meds were used? See above
And here is a pic.
It is very difficult to see clearly in this photo what, exactly, this is. Can you get clear photos from other angles? Does this appear fuzzy at all? How long has the fish had this problem?
How big are all of these fish in that tank? That sounds pretty crowded for such a small tank... 12 fish in a 12 gallon tank is not a permanent situation. Most of these fish are going to outgrow this tank quickly if they are healthy, which is going to lead to multiple problems, such as water quality, territory issues, competition for food, etc. I see in your water params that nitrite is elevated, which, in itself can cause problems.
Do you have a quarantine tank available for treatment of the sick fish?
Yea, sorry about the confusion. I actually moved them into a bigger 26 gallon tank, but for the sake of keeping in line of when the problems happened, I posted the info from when my panda starting flashing. It actually had the growth for quite some time, I'd say for 2-3 months now. It's not fuzzy, as I thought it was a fungus at first. It looks like a blister of some sort, but I can still see the black pattern underneath it. Here are some more pictures.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.