Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pets/)
-   -   New puppies (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pets/new-puppies-71358/)

Grimmjow 05-26-2011 04:23 PM

New puppies

2 Attachment(s)
Ones a german shepherd/norweigan elkhound and the others a german shepherd/lab/border collie (which is the same breead and looks creepily close to16 year old Rex we just had put down in November). Both enjoy eating everything from the floor to plants to dirt to anything they can and love chewing on each other. They always try to steal food or toys from the others mouth and chase and fight each other constantly, then they suddenly stop and drink from the same water dish and sleep next to each other. They are like 3 or 4 months old and have the word sit but refuse to learn No.

Heres them sleeping together and sharing a big stick in the muddiest part of the yard after the storms.

fashionfobie 05-26-2011 04:52 PM

Cute puppies :) I have an American Staffordshire Terrier and a miniature Dachshund. They are such buddies and when they sleep together it is so precious :) Love the sleepy pics!

Inga 05-26-2011 05:29 PM

Holy Cow do you have your hands full. Do yourself a favor and set up separate training sessions each day. The whole teaching them to understand "no" thing will be much easier if they are not together. Training 2 puppies at once is not for the faint hearted. Good Luck to you.

konstargirl 06-04-2011 05:50 PM

They are adorable! :D I'm sure they will be great dogs to have.

aunt kymmie 06-04-2011 09:49 PM

Beautiful dogs! I agree with everything Inga says. Whenever I add a new dog to my pack I'm lucky that they fall in line and learn very quickly from the "elder" dogs. Makes my job of training sooo much easier. Good luck to you!

Grimmjow 07-29-2011 10:43 AM

So we have gates set up and the elkhound, Gunner, slips through the cat door. Despite his bulky size he just slides right through like he momentarily shrinks. And to make things worse, he is the single most defiant animal I've ever seen. He will be doing something he knows he shouldn't, for example eating dirt that he does all the time, and he will stare me in the eyes as he keeps doing it. The only problem max has is peeing on the floor sometimes, cause he hates going outside.

I'll have to trick or force gunner to get inside and trick or force max to get outside.

My cat hates other animals, but these dogs love him and just want to sniff and play with him. Now this cat is unusually strong, he punched me in the mouth once and I tasted a little blood, and he hits these dogs in the nose hard enough to hear the thud across the room but they keep coming back. Thankfully hes been nice and kept the claws in, which I know from personal experience will shred you up.

Its not been fun stopping them from running and fighting and picking up what the shred daily.

Calmwaters 07-29-2011 02:05 PM

Thanks for reminding me why I prefer older dog. LOL No puppy stage. ; )

alysalouise 08-05-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inga (Post 684200)
Holy Cow do you have your hands full. Do yourself a favor and set up separate training sessions each day. The whole teaching them to understand "no" thing will be much easier if they are not together. Training 2 puppies at once is not for the faint hearted. Good Luck to you.

Really hard to train to pups at the same time i agree, I had 2 miniature dachshunds brother and sister, but i did training together, had my hands full, but they did better learning together

josh00498 08-13-2011 08:12 PM

very nice dogs ! my cousin has a 2 pure Norwegian Elkhounds they crack me up good temperaments