Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
-   -   German blue rams for sale in next coming weeks! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/german-blue-rams-sale-next-coming-71225/)

Christople 05-24-2011 08:04 PM

German blue rams for sale in next coming weeks!

Hi I wanted to know how many of you would pay 4 dollars for blue rams.... about juvy size because I don't have the space to grow them full grown... just reply if you are and what not......

GwenInNM 05-24-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christople (Post 682416)
Hi I wanted to know how many of you would pay 4 dollars for blue rams.... about juvy size because I don't have the space to grow them full grown... just reply if you are and what not......

I would be interested in one if you'd adopt one to me. I feel I keep my tank in good condition, with plants and nitrates at 10-15. I'm a bit concerned about them being listed as "difficult" and wonder if I have the experience for them. With shipping charges and all, how much would it be, and how hard is the shipment process for them?

You'd have to weigh in on how you felt about them being kept with dwarf rainbows, otherwise I think they'd do fine with the one Gourami and loaches I have in my tank. I recently lowered my temps to 78 after Byron asked why I was keeping my temp at 80. It sounds like they do need to be kept at temp at at least 80 and what is your water hardness?

Give me your thoughts!

Gwen

Christople 05-24-2011 10:54 PM

mine is 3 dGH or 52 ppm... They aren't hard as long as they get food in your situation and this offer is only if my lfs doesn't take them but total cost would, My guess be around 30 bucks which is a lot but the fish i have that have recently paired up are nice... I will post if they breed. just seeing if the lfs doesn't take them whoes interested... just one or two... what are your parems.

GwenInNM 05-25-2011 05:24 PM

My general hardness is 10 which is a lot more than yours. I'm sure your LFS will take them, but let me know if they don't. I think my water is too hard, and $30 is a lot if they don't survive etc.

Gwen

Christople 05-25-2011 11:34 PM

yeah I know and completely understand..... I will

Lisalis 05-29-2011 01:53 AM

I just got 3 GBR's from my lfs! Wish I had seen this post sooner! What is the tank minimum for a pair of GBR's 20 gallon?
I have the 3 in my 30 gal with 5 bleeding heart tetras, 4 corydoras, 5 cardinal tetras....the colors are beautiful! My other 10 gal has my betta and 2 nerite snails, my 10 gal hex has 6 harlequin rasboras with 2 nerite snails, my 3rd 10 gal has 5 zebra danios, 2 ottos, and 2 nerites.....I know my last one is over stocked but I had my tank in direct sunlight ( on accident-it didn't matter a couple of months ago!) and I decided to let the ottos hang out in there and clean up some rocks.....well that's my story....definitely interested in paying only $4 a piece!!

Where r u located???

PS- I'm inheriting a 55 gal!!!! I didn't want you to thing I'm putting more in any of these tanks!!

LOL :lol:

Christople 05-29-2011 02:04 PM

well I am in oregon and they just laid eggs... again this is just if my lfs doesn't take the. more of a last resort. And my pair is in a 10 gallon with gold australe killies