Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello new to tropical fish keeping (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-new-tropical-fish-keeping-71093/)

BarbH 05-23-2011 02:29 AM

Hello new to tropical fish keeping

Just wanted to say hi. New to the world of keeping tropical fish although years ago growing up I did have a goldfish . The cat and I are enjoying the new tank and fish. I think I may have found a new form of kitty tv :lol: Will hopefully be getting pictures up soon, right now waiting on plants that I ordered from Sweet Aquatics to arrive so that I can work on the aquascaping portion of my aquarium. After that hopefully will be able to get some pictures up.

kane chisholme 05-23-2011 02:34 AM

Hi, good to see you (and your cat) are getting into fish. Good luck to you and I can't wait to see some pics

Romad 05-23-2011 07:26 AM

Hi Barb :wave:

Welcome to TFK. I look forward to your pics. Don't forget to include one of the kitty :)

Inga 05-23-2011 07:42 AM

Welcome Barb! You will have to post some photos of your kitty watching the fish. My dog used to watch the fish for hours. Now I think he is sick of the show. ha ha Actually once and awhile he will still watch for awhile. He especially loved the Mystery snails when they would be creeping around at his level.

SeaHorse 05-23-2011 07:49 AM

Hi BarbH, welcome to TFK. What kind of fish do you keep? How big is your tank? We're a nosey bunch!!

BarbH 05-23-2011 10:08 AM

Thank you for the warm welcomes :wave: My tank is a 50gal which right now is housing 3 young angels, 6 platys ( all four females are pregnant and two of them look even more so expecting to have fry probably within the next couple of weeks), 7 cory fish, 2 rubber lipped plecos, and a clown loach. After having done more reasearch after getting my clown I learned about how big they can get and also about needing to be kept is larger groups. Right now he is doing alright, he is very active and at times I see him hanging out with the corys. I do realize however for his benifit I will need to rehome him in the future. Riley, the cat, really enjoys watching all of the fish but really gets interested when one of the plecos is hanging out on the front glass down low near his level :-) I took some pictures of some of the fish last night, will see if any of them turned out well enough for posting. The tank itself right now is rather boring and pet shopish looking with the fact that I am waiting for my plants to come in. Hopefully I will be able to get that changed rather quickly.

brownmane 05-23-2011 12:12 PM

Welcome to TFK. Hope you enjoy it here. You'll find all kind of info and ideas.

BarbH 05-24-2011 11:39 PM

For anyone who is interested I added some pictures of my fish. Now waitng for my plants to come in so that I can get them in and hopefully growning well

Byron 05-25-2011 06:57 PM

Hello Barb and welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

Byron.

willow 05-28-2011 03:44 PM

hello and welcome. :)