|Boredomb ||05-21-2011 01:54 PM |
Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)
Okay soo I wasn't happy with my 55 gallon tank and the direction it was going in. The other day I completely drained the tank and scrubbed the sides of the tank cause they were getting covered in algae really bad. I also wanted to add a new piece of driftwood and move some plants. I thought it would be best if I just did all that at once by emptying the tank down to the substrate. In the process I found some of my swords that I couldn't really see and was shocked in how much different they looked in when I first got them. So on that note I guess some of the plants are doing better the I thought.
For those that dont remember here is a pic of the tank from the start. The first time I set up the tank.
Pic 2 is the last time I changed the tank for reason I can't remember. Thinking it was because I couldn't get a plant to grow right and it was dying. I finally ended up with what I got now and I am finally starting to get closer to that image of how the tank is suppose to be. Now that "image" is just a thought in my mind of how I THINK the tank should look. :crazy: <--is what my wife thinks of me cause every time I go to mess with the tank she saids there is nothing wrong with it and it looks great.
Here are some pics of the new setup.
P.S. yes there are rocks sitting on the driftwood. It wants to float soo for the time being the rocks are holding it down. I am hoping I will be able to take them off here pretty soon.