Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   Black and white platy? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/black-white-platy-70462/)

pringleman1 05-14-2011 07:50 PM

Black and white platy?

2 Attachment(s)
Has anyone seen a black and white platy with the white on its underside kind of like a tuxedo platy?
I found this picture on Google and think it looks totally awesome.
I wont to know if they are easy to get or if they are unusual and you don't get many of them.

I also found a picture of some almost pure white platys with a faded black mickey mouse on the tail which looks great as well.It could just be the flash from the camera that makes them so white but it looks great anyway.

What does everyone else think? Has anybody seen these two platys before?

Bigguy71 05-14-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pringleman1 (Post 674096)
Has anyone seen a black and white platy with the white on its underside kind of like a tuxedo platy?
I wont to know if they are easy to get or if they are unusual and you don't get many of them.

I also found a picture of some almost pure white platys with a faded black mickey mouse on the tail which looks great as well.It could just be the flash from the camera that makes them so white but it looks great anyway.

That Platy is really nice looking, like to have it. As for easy to get, Ive been in roughly 4 - 5 dozen pet stores in 5 different states some of them pretty big, and have never seen one like that just some that are black with maybe a couple of white spots. As for the white ones their nice too. I've seen some nice pure white ones in a store in N.J..

ruby716 05-14-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pringleman1 (Post 674096)

ive seen the full white one before. but not the black and white!! i love the coloring on that one

pringleman1 05-14-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruby716 (Post 674161)
i love the coloring on that one

I know it looks amazing. I have lots of bright colourful platys like gold, orange, yellow and red ones and if i got one of those black with the white belly one it would stand our so much in my tank. I really want one:cry:

Plumkin 05-15-2011 03:48 AM

ooo prettttty!!

justinianobrenden 05-27-2011 01:04 AM

the petsmart in my city has a couple of the white faded micky mouse platys but none of the black with white belly

kris7047th 05-27-2011 10:01 PM

*Tuxedo Platy* .. great branding for that . Beautiful fish.

Webdog7 01-08-2012 06:25 PM

I live in England and have just brought the 'tuxedo platy' for my new fluval chi, there were loads of them in my local fish store, many of them have an orange underbelly as opposed to the white colour like mine and the one you liked.