Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   What's your FAVOURITE fish?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/whats-your-favourite-fish-70151/)

kane chisholme 05-11-2011 06:33 AM

What's your FAVOURITE fish??

Well the title is pretty much the question, what's your all time favorite type of aquarium fish...? Its just because I'm curious and want to see what's popular. Mine would be the zebra Danio... What about you???:-)

amberjade 05-11-2011 07:54 AM

If I had to choose just one, it would be severum. I have 2, a gold and a green, and I love them to bits. Other people always comment on my gold sev, too. :)

Truth be told, though, I love each one of my babies, from neon tetras to bettas to dwarf gourami to kuhli loaches to acaras.....you get the picture! LOL

(at 8 tanks and counting, btw :P )
Posted via Mobile Device

onefish2fish 05-11-2011 08:25 AM

for freshwater, im simple.. cardinal or neon tetras. i prefer cardinals over neons, but either works for me.
for salt, def a female leopard wrasse. im also very found of powder blue tangs and bangaii cardinals. but if only one could be choosen, the wrasse.

SinCrisis 05-11-2011 08:46 AM

bettas or dwarf puffers, both extremely intelligent and personable for fish. Also way fun to feed.

onefish2fish 05-11-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinCrisis (Post 671225)
bettas or dwarf puffers, both extremely intelligent and personable for fish. Also way fun to feed.

Dwarf puffers eating a snail puts a smile on my face.

sik80 05-11-2011 08:54 AM

fav fish i own are probably panda cories

Fav fish I'd like to own are dwarf puffers

MyLittlePleco 05-11-2011 12:15 PM

Currently, I'm in love with Angelfish. The way they form a heirarchy and have their own individual personalities is simply amazing.

patadams66 05-11-2011 12:22 PM

Favorite Fish i have: An Orange Lyretail sailfin molly, she is really beautiful, a couple weeks ago i got a blue/red paradise fish that im quickly falling for. she will get a food pellet and play with it like a ball spitting it out grabbing it spitting it out its fun to watch.

If i could have any fish i have seen: Those Mandarins are probably the prettiest fish ever. i would also love a mudskipper my LFS has an open top indoor pond kinda thing and those guys are ridiculously cute.

onefish2fish 05-11-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patadams66 (Post 671344)
Favorite Fish i have: An Orange Lyretail sailfin molly, she is really beautiful, a couple weeks ago i got a blue/red paradise fish that im quickly falling for. she will get a food pellet and play with it like a ball spitting it out grabbing it spitting it out its fun to watch.

this almost sounds as if the pellets to big or to difficult to eat. seems like the fish is doing this to soften it up a bit.
i personally would try pre-soaking a few pellets in a shot glass of tank water for 5 minutes prior to feeding the tank. this is especially important for those pellets that puff up when they absorb water, as you wouldnt want them to expand and bloat in your fishes stomach.

patadams66 05-11-2011 12:57 PM

i agree thats whats going on onefish2fish, but didnt realize it could be problemmatic?

they are omega one shrimp pellets for my cories. but generally everyone gets into them

i dont want to hijack the thread tho so i will send you a pm.