Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Fish Breeding (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/)
-   -   Oh Holy Whack A Mole- I got FRY!!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/fish-breeding/oh-holy-whack-mole-i-got-69012/)

MsNaFew 04-26-2011 05:38 PM

Oh Holy Whack A Mole- I got FRY!!!!

YAY! I just came home after an grueling day to find.....one of my females a 'Big Momma In Training' has had her drop!!!!! I lost count after 48 and she's still going! WooHoo! I did it! I got her to drop!!!!! Now. Ahem. Pics to come soon...:-D

Romad 04-26-2011 08:35 PM

48??? :shock: :shock:

That's crazy. It will be interesting to see how many make it.

MsNaFew 04-26-2011 09:12 PM

Crazy is the word of the evening. My other female decided to join the act. And ANOTHER young female, one I didn't suspect ready, just proved me wrong. 6 babies rescued from the main tank and she's still droppin' 'em. pant pant pant

The count before the other two joined in, fro the first drop was 53, but I've lost count now! Babies always seem to come during tornadoes. Hmmm....guess what warning we're under?

kane chisholme 05-05-2011 05:16 AM

53 fry?!?! That's just... Freakish

MsNaFew 05-05-2011 05:22 AM

Yeah sigh it is, I ended up with over 100 fry from 3 females. And lost them all except one female. WC after and during a flood in our area, ( extra chemicals added to the tap ) along with stress, meant it didn't go well. I guess I learned a valuable lesson. Still smarts though!

kane chisholme 05-05-2011 02:59 PM

Aw that's not good :( I hope the bad water doesnt mean fish in your local waterways will suffer. But best of luck with your female
Posted via Mobile Device

MsNaFew 05-05-2011 03:21 PM

It's not been too much fun all around. I whine that I've lost all my fry, my plants, my ribs are aching ( car wreck two days ago, thanks to the rain and a guard rail ) and my son just casts dirty looks in my direction. LOL ouch ouch Like I CAUSED the rain, wind, tornadoes, etc. Hey, I'm good, just not THAT good. At least the one remaining female looks as though she'll live. I'm sad to say that many fish in our local waterways can't say the same. ;(

kane chisholme 05-06-2011 04:02 AM

Aw hope things get better, Chin up and I'm sure they will :)
Posted via Mobile Device

MsNaFew 05-07-2011 01:01 PM

I know they will ( things turning around ) LOL See? I can laugh and it doesn't hurt. My "Big Mama" is due to pop, my son is somewhat mollified ( pardon the pun ) and the nursery tank is up and running after extensive work. Despite more rain ( seriously? we got rain! who wants some? ) I think we may just squeak by.

So! Today, Derby Day for those of you who care about such things, is the day #1 of a second attempt to successfully breed and raise guppies. (fingers and toes are crossed )

justinianobrenden 05-07-2011 01:25 PM

im so frikkin confused? so 3 of your females had birth to over 100 fry, the n2 of the females died along with al your other fry? so now u only hav the surviving female another big mama and no fry? give me a list of wht died and what is new and or is surviving