Possible fin rot?
Hello, one of my panda corys has a split fin. His fin got I noticed it before, but thought nothing of it, but now theres a small split. He does seem a bit more lethargic then usually, but is munching a little bit here and there. Here's my info and an attached pic.
1. 5 Gallon Tank
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia: 0ppm
b. Nitrite: .25 ppm
c. Nitrate: 10-20 ppm
d. pH, KH and GH: Between 7.0 and 7.5, 180 KH and 120 GH
e. Test kit: API liquid test kits.
3. Temperature: 77-79 Degrees
5. How long the aquarium has been set up: 4 weeks.
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 Panda Corys. A little over an inch, but under 1.5".
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? Yes, but I put them in early before the tank could cycle completely.
8. a. 3 Fake plants
c. No fancy or hollow decorations.
9. a. Filtration: Yes, marine land built in filter with biowheel and replaceable cartridges, and a 6" air stone hooked up to a top fin 40 gallon air pump *it has 2 air nozzles, one hooked up to the 5 gallon, and the second hooked up to my 12 gallon which is cycling right now*.
b. Heater: Preset submersible heater, top fin.
10. a. No set lighting exposure, if lights are on its when I'm watching them for 5-10 minutes at a time.
b. No direct sunlight exposure
11. a. Water change schedule: Daily, 10-15% if nitrite levels are low, 50% if they are above .50 ppm.
b. Volume of water changed: 1 gallon, up to 2-3 gallons
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Once a week.
12. Foods? Sinking wafers made up of ground brine shrimp, worms, etc etc.
How often are they fed? 1 wafer a day.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Lethargic, just sitting on the gravel floor. Used to swim around quite a bit, but doesn't react to much now, not even if I lightly tap the tank to see if he's still alive.
b. Appearance of poop? Normal strands, black in color.
c. Appearance of gills? Reddish in color, not inflamed
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No, but did use maracyn-two for a case of pop eye, but that was about 2 weeks ago.
b. What meds were used? None, other than what was mentioned earlier.
Here's a pic for comparision
Also the time difference between each picture is actually almost a month difference. Sorry for not including that in the first post.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.