Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Bloodworms. That is all. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/bloodworms-all-68725/)

MyLittlePleco 04-23-2011 03:46 PM

Bloodworms. That is all.

I've been feeding my fish bloodworms weekly over the last two months.

I must say, it would seem as though bloodworms taste pretty good, which is why I present you people with a video of *drum roll* ... a feeding frenzy!
Watch in amazement as these colourful belligerents fight over this amazingly delectable cube of frozen bloodworms.

Please forgive me for being overly dramatic:lol:
And no, there is no actual fighting going on;-)

redchigh 04-23-2011 03:51 PM

I do hope it was thawed first.

Frozen food can hurt their digestive tracts eventually.

Otherwise, nice tank.

MyLittlePleco 04-23-2011 04:00 PM

I left the bloodworm cube to thaw for at least 10 minutes before I fed it to the fish. You probably noticed how quickly it came apart when it was attacked by the fish. Thanks for letting me know it may damage them, though. I'll start feeding the bloodworms fully thawed from now on, so thanks for letting me know that.

Also, thanks for the compliment!

Romad 04-23-2011 04:07 PM

Bloodworm treat time is my favorite feeding time. I love how crazy each inhabitant in my 75 gallon gets when they figure out what's coming.

I actually use a dropper and randomly disperse throughout the tank. They are so excited that they start attacking the dropper before I can release the worms.

MyLittlePleco 04-23-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 656640)
Bloodworm treat time is my favorite feeding time. I love how crazy each inhabitant in my 75 gallon gets when they figure out what's coming.

I actually use a dropper and randomly disperse throughout the tank. They are so excited that they start attacking the dropper before I can release the worms.

Definitely my favourite feeding time too. I like seeing them compete for the best parts, though. I hope that doesn't make me evil.:roll:

gmyers0203 04-24-2011 08:29 AM

That's crazy!

I'm curious though, what other types of fish do you have in there with your Angels? They are all beautiful!

MyLittlePleco 04-24-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmyers0203 (Post 657149)
That's crazy!

I'm curious though, what other types of fish do you have in there with your Angels? They are all beautiful!

Thank you very much for your compliment. I honestly appreciate it.

The other fish you can see in this video are:

5 x Boeseman Rainbowfish (captive bred, not wild caught)
6 x Zebra Danios
2 x Ramirezi or German Blue Rams (who seem to be a long-finned variety)

And then of course there are the 4 Angelfish, of which the marbled one is quickly becoming my favourite.

The only fish that cannot be seen in this video and are probably hiding in the driftwood caves are:

3 x Sterbai Corydoras (I might consider getting a couple more to encourage them to appear more frequently)
1 x Common Pleco (who doesn't seem intent on growing no matter how many sinking pellets i feed)