Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Ponds and Waterfalls (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ponds-waterfalls/)
-   -   Pond Tours inspire ideas for new ponds! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ponds-waterfalls/pond-tours-inspire-ideas-new-ponds-685/)

The Pond Digger 10-01-2006 10:59 AM

Pond Tours inspire ideas for new ponds!

Moonlight Pond Tour to illuminate next weekend

Are you ready to be exposed to a case of Water Garden Fever, for which the pleasurable remedy is a water feature, of course! “The Original” Moonlight Pond Tour™ For The Cure, hosted by Exotic Aquatics, will showcase more than two dozen water gardens from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6 and 7 in Redlands and Highland.

Now in its fifth year, the self-guided tour features many new ponds and pondless waterfalls, along with favorites from The Pond Digger's past Pond Tour For The Cure and Moonlight Pond tours.We're proud to note that our Redlands-based business originated the idea of a Moonlight Pond Tour charity event, whose concept has since swept our nation. Contractors throughout America are emulating our pond tour by hosting their own to raise thousands of dollars for deserving charities.

With your support next weekend, we'll be helping raise awareness and resources for our local chapters of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Santa Claus, Inc., and the American Heart Association.

Low-maintenance pond ecosystems

Our Moonlight Pond Tour lets me give back to my community in multiple ways. The tour is a fun way to help generate funds for local charities and nonprofit organizations, plus the event gives me the opportunity to show tour-goers how easy it is to maintain a properly balanced pond.

It's fulfilling to help people create a refreshing water garden for relaxation and to re-energize themselves, and accomplishes our mission to change the way the world builds, and more importantly, - maintains ponds.

It is my wish that you will experience an elegant evening amidst the soothing sound of water, spellbinding underwater lighting and lush aquatic plants -- and be entertained by all the wonderful possibilities that ponds and waterfalls offer, among the water garden enthusiasts who share your same interest.

Several of the ponds and water gardens you'll see showcase the revolutionary Hybrid Koi Pond filtering system, which is destined to finally bring together Koi lovers and water garden enthusiasts.
Also highlighted will be new pond aerator systems, and an underwater lighting system, where you'll never have to change a light bulb again. Sorry, Mr. Edison!

Festive ponds and disappearing waterfalls on the Moonlight Pond Tour!

During your self-guided tour, be sure to visit the spooky Savage Water Garden full of hungry, carnivorous plants (holding hands when approaching this Redlands pond goes with the territory).

Also, in Redlands, visit our traditional, festive Jack-O-Lantern display, and you won't want to miss seeing the Extreme Home Makeover's backyard pondless waterfall.

The University of Redlands' LaFourcade Community Garden, located behind the school's Administration Building off Colton Avenue, is a fitting participant this month, during the school's centennial celebration festivities. The garden's focal point is its 11- by 16-foot pond, with a 50-foot long stream.

"The refreshing pond initiated our garden and has the added benefit of creating a habitat for birds, butterflies and other wildlife, which our students, staff and other community members truly enjoy,” says Tony Mueller, director of the university’s Community Service Learning (CSL) Office, “

The pond was built by UR students and alum during a public Pond Construction Seminar, hosted by Exotic Aquatics.
The LaFourcade Community Garden itself was created by students participating in the university's Community and School Gardens CSL class, taught by Emily Bueermann, Master Gardener, during May-terms.
The respite is cultivated by students in the school's Gardeners-in-Residence program through the CSL Office, under assistant director Pavel Ilie, a UR graduate student.

Make time to visit the Highland stops, including the multiple waterfalls and streams dominating the entire backyard of one of them.

Meet 'n Greet on the Moonlight Pond Tour!

Each year something special happens to me on the Moonlight Pond Tour. One
year, I met a wonderful married couple who were having their first real "night out" alone in years. Another year, a couple informed me that they chose our tour as the grand finale of their special occasion dinner party.

During five years of hosting the annual tour, I have reconnected with old friends and made new ones, while enjoying my children interact with tour-goers!

My most memorable moment was last year. I stood on my lawn after all was said and done reflecting on the evening, looking up into the amazing moonlit sky with my wife in my arms, as a silhouette of a Great Horned Owl passed over the moon - meaning "More Than Words" could possibly say.

I hope you experience something profoundly romantic on your Moonlight Pond Tour journey. Water gardens are mystical places, and what better time of year and hour to see them than right now, while the night is still young and you are young-at-heart.

Happy pondering!

Thanks to all the participating water garden owners for sharing their ponds and pondless waterfalls, and for your patronage of this charity event, which benefits the community. The owners will be wearing Moonlight Pond Tour T-shirts and available to answer any water garden questions you may have.

Every one wants a pond; they just don't know it yet! Next weekend -- in the company of water gardens and kindred spirits under the moon's glow -- the desire to create your own oasis will become crystal clear.

For more information, call Exotic Aquatics at 1-800-522-5043. The company's web site is: www.theponddigger.com <http://www.theponddigger.com/>

These refreshing water features are among the more than two dozen which will be highlighted on the fifth annual Moonlight Pond Tour. The charity event will take place from 5 to 10 Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6 and 7 in Redlands and Highland. Tickets are on sale now. For more information, call Exotic Aquatics at 1-800-522-5043. The company's web site is: www.theponddigger.com <http://www.theponddigger.com>.

-#-

Sidebar:

Happy Pondering!

What: “The Original” Moonlight Pond Tour™ For The Cure
Host: Exotic Aquatics
When: Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6,-7
Where: 20 stops in Redlands; 5 in Highland
Tickets: $10 for the tour, with no charge for youth under age 12.
Why: Fun, affordable outing for families, couples, individuals, and the water garden enthusiast in all of us.

Proceeds support: Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation; Inland Empire Chapter; the American Heart Association, the local Santa Claus Inc., and other nonprofit organizations authorized to sell tickets.

Tickets: on sale weekdays at Exotic Aquatics, 609 Amigos Drive, Unit One; and daily at Daryl’s Pet Shop, 860 W. Redlands Blvd., both located in Redlands. Starting at 7 p.m. on tour nights, buy tickets in Redlands at The Pond Digger's, 1056 San Jacinto St.; and in Highland at Doug and Debbie Mason's, 28852 White Oak Lane.

Mike 10-10-2006 10:34 AM

If any members live in the area and check out the pond tour please tell us all about it!