Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Have you ever bred Cherry Barb?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lupin 
#1 ·
I was just asking if anyone have bred these guys. If you have could you give me a picture or the eggs and the fry?

How did you breed cherry barbs? :D

#2 ·
cjz722c said:
I was just asking if anyone have bred these guys. If you have could you give me a picture or the eggs and the fry?

How did you breed cherry barbs? :D
Sorry i dont have much info but mine did breed, i tryed to get the babies but they were to small and went through the net poor things.

I had 24"x12"x12" tank with big gravel and a load of pond weed a small filter and heater. I have 2 males and 2 females and thats all i really know sorry.

#4 ·
Male=deep cherry red
Female=beige or rather drab

#5 ·
rather drab?? no no- female cherry barbs are very pretty! if their colors are eally enhanced with good water and variety in their diet, they will have a deep golden line that runs right down with middle of them! hardly drab! (although i have seen some that are pale and lightly colored. mine is deeb brown with a bright golden stripe! 8)

i wish i could get mine to stop trying to breed! every few weeks, the male turns bright red, and chases the female. she gets fat, they spawn, and then the other tank mates eat the eggs... i don't know how they do it so often or what i am doing to make them so frisky!

#6 ·
Reminds me of my female golden pencilfish.:smoke: The females' colors appear very similar with the female cherries.

I've kept cherries before. To say drab is the fact that they seem plain in color compared to the males which grace the tank in deep cherry red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.