Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - My ill gourami (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/my-ill-gourami-67982/)
My ill gourami
1. Size of tank? 20 gallon
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 4 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 3 dwarf gourami, 4 danio, 2 cory, 5 harlequins. I've had the harlequins longest of all, followed by the gourami, danios and then the cories.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? no.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? live
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?sand/gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? woods
9. a. Filtration? carbon and canister
b. Heater? t came with the set-up.
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no
11. a. Water change schedule? my husband does this!
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
12. Foods? flake, occasoinal baby brine shrimp.
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop? whitish, long.
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? no
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1JXf5lygy
Ok, first off let me say that it is my husband who is the fish keeper. He's from the UK and has been keeping fish for many many years - so I simply can't answer many detailed questions.
My male gourami "Magnus" has been depressed lately, not very active and just hanging around one spot near the bottom of the tank. He's developed long poo strings which are whitish, or light colored, and the husband says he's looking thin. Are we right to suspect parasites? His appetite seems normal.
He went into a very heavy breeding mode with his females not long after arriving home but he hasn't done since. The other fish in the tank are all normal, with normal looking poo strings.
Thanks for any advice you can give!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.