Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   what is this stuff? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/what-stuff-67790/)

Boredomb 04-12-2011 01:01 PM

what is this stuff?

3 Attachment(s)
Okay Can somebody look at this pictures and Please tell me what you are seeing? Because I have no clue what it is? ( I wasn't sure where to post this thread at soo sorry if this is the wrong spot)

Cassandra90 04-12-2011 01:03 PM

Are those live plants?

I had something very similar and it took over my tank, it covered everyhing. I think I got it from the live plants. Once I took the plants out and did a massive water change it has been gone.

Hopefully someone else can help you since I am not sure if it is the same as what I had.

Boredomb 04-12-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 646285)
Are those live plants?

I had something very similar and it took over my tank, it covered everyhing. I think I got it from the live plants. Once I took the plants out and did a massive water change it has been gone.

Hopefully someone else can help you since I am not sure if it is the same as what I had.

Yes they are live plants and I hope it doesn't take over my tank!

Cassandra90 04-12-2011 01:45 PM

You could always try to qt the plants for a while and see if it will go away. I have no idea what you could treat it with.
Another thing, it could be from the drift wood.

I know when I first seen this in my tank I stepped up on water changes, and cleaned the decor each time, then finally I noticed it was mostly on my live plants. Once removed this slime, fungus thing went away. I only had java ferns and moneywort in my tank.

Boredomb 04-12-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 646316)
You could always try to qt the plants for a while and see if it will go away. I have no idea what you could treat it with.
Another thing, it could be from the drift wood.

I know when I first seen this in my tank I stepped up on water changes, and cleaned the decor each time, then finally I noticed it was mostly on my live plants. Once removed this slime, fungus thing went away. I only had java ferns and moneywort in my tank.

thats a lot of plants LoL

Cassandra90 04-12-2011 02:04 PM

Ops, lol, I should of asked how many plants.

You could try asking Bryon, he knows alot about plants and maybe he has seen this before if it is plant related.

Boredomb 04-12-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 646347)
Ops, lol, I should of asked how many plants.

You could try asking Bryon, he knows alot about plants and maybe he has seen this before if it is plant related.

LoL yeah I might do that

Byron 04-12-2011 02:29 PM

Are we looking at the sort of white haze stuff? I would do as Cassandra suggests. But first, what are your water parameters: ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH. And temp.

Byron.

Boredomb 04-12-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 646382)
Are we looking at the sort of white haze stuff? I would do as Cassandra suggests. But first, what are your water parameters: ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH. And temp.

Byron.

Yes the white haze stuff was wondering what it was. The temp is 78 the rest I will have to check not sure what it is sorry

Boredomb 04-12-2011 02:34 PM

can tell you what it has been running but not sure what the actual lvls are