Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Michigan, I'm New (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/michigan-im-new-67282/)

Jacks974 04-06-2011 04:25 PM

Michigan, I'm New

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I have been keeping fish I was 10 (21 now)
Still learning everyday and now that I'm a little older and starting up a new tank I have been learning a lot. I'm new to puffers and decided to get 3 South American Puffers.
Currently I have a 36 Gallon Bow Front tank FW with:
3 SAPs all about 1 inch in length (only have had the fish for about a month and the tank for about 2 months)
1 Albino Bristle Nose
4 Little Cory's which are brown. Don't remember scientific name
(2 of these are brand new as of yesterday to keep the other two corries company and of these, 1 laid a ton of eggs in my tank this morning. My puffers loved the treat)
1 Snowflake lobster ie. crayfish which is about 2" and I've seen him molt 3 times thus far
My tank is on it's way to being heavily planted and currently has some swords, onions, and a bannana plant. It also has a piece of drift wood and a sunken ship (corny but had to do it). Other than the ship the thing looks pretty realistic. I just switched the substrate from fake colored gravel to the Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium which is brown.
Lighting: dual T5's HO, 2 Ecotic stunners, and a Marineland DoubleBright LED which I mostly use for the moonlight effect at night.

I also have a 10gal tank which is now for breeding Ramshorn Snails and Cherry Shrimp

I live in MI and am always looking fo advice and ideas and new stuff. Lansing during the school year (Go State!) and Traverse City during the Summer

Boredomb 04-06-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacks974 (Post 640983)
Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I have been keeping fish I was 10 (21 now)
Still learning everyday and now that I'm a little older and starting up a new tank I have been learning a lot. I'm new to puffers and decided to get 3 South American Puffers.
Currently I have a 36 Gallon Bow Front tank FW with:
3 SAPs all about 1 inch in length (only have had the fish for about a month and the tank for about 2 months)
1 Albino Bristle Nose
4 Little Cory's which are brown. Don't remember scientific name
(2 of these are brand new as of yesterday to keep the other two corries company and of these, 1 laid a ton of eggs in my tank this morning. My puffers loved the treat)
1 Snowflake lobster ie. crayfish which is about 2" and I've seen him molt 3 times thus far
My tank is on it's way to being heavily planted and currently has some swords, onions, and a bannana plant. It also has a piece of drift wood and a sunken ship (corny but had to do it). Other than the ship the thing looks pretty realistic. I just switched the substrate from fake colored gravel to the Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium which is brown.
Lighting: dual T5's HO, 2 Ecotic stunners, and a Marineland DoubleBright LED which I mostly use for the moonlight effect at night.

I also have a 10gal tank which is now for breeding Ramshorn Snails and Cherry Shrimp

I live in MI and am always looking fo advice and ideas and new stuff. Lansing during the school year (Go State!) and Traverse City during the Summer

Hi and welcome to TFK! Glad you found us there is lots of information in this site along with lots of ppl here to give helpful advice when it is needed and when asked. Have fun and I hope you enjoy this site!

aunt kymmie 04-08-2011 12:00 AM

:wave:Welcome to TFK! We are happy to have you with us.
Do you have any pics of your set ups that you can share? We all LOVE pics. :-)

Romad 04-08-2011 06:12 AM

Welcome to TFK :)

Your tank sounds nice. Can you post a picture soon?

Jacks974 04-08-2011 07:18 AM

Yes I will post a pic soon. I have a video on YouTube of my tank right before my most recent decoration change.
It is called south American puffer and is uploaded by actionMjack

Cassandra90 04-08-2011 09:52 AM

Welcome to the forum.
I am also from Michigan and also 21, I'm an about 4 hours south of Traverse city near the thumb.

Good luck with the fish.

willow 04-09-2011 02:17 PM

hello and welcome. :)

Byron 04-09-2011 04:12 PM

Hi, and welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.

Byron.