Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Aquarium Blog (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/aquarium-blog-66671/)

stevenjohn21 03-30-2011 11:58 PM

Aquarium Blog

Probably the wrong place to post this but it will keep the Mods busy ;-)

I was wondering if we have a place to write a blog ? I was thinking last night that whilst im trying to breed various fish i would love to write a blog. I think it would be good information for others to look at in the future and also great to look back at when the fry are fully grown adults. . . . of coarse with plenty of pictures along the way :-)

Thoth 03-31-2011 10:33 AM

I dont know about the blog question but I am interested in what you are breeding and what you do with them. 8-)

stevenjohn21 03-31-2011 11:03 AM

Im at the beginning of breeding Pelvicachromis pulcher, apistogramma cacatuoides & Tateurndina ocellicauda. I have wanted to breed these 3 species for a while now but have not had the space to do so.
Now that i do and i have the fish i think it would be good to Blog both their progress and mine along the way.

Here in Atlanta we have a Aquarium Auction evey month, so i would either trade the fry with other Hobbists or auction the excess that i cant keep.

Thoth 03-31-2011 12:32 PM

P. pulchers are sweet; I have never owned any though. I would be interested in reading your results.

I should check out my local fish clubs. I am about to have an issue with 50+ pepper corys that are going to need a home. My group is about to breed again and it has been less than a month. Im lucky to have 4 LFS that buy fish. The only problem is the closer the store to my house the worse the fish store. Its almost like the further away from a Petsmart, Petco or Petsupermart the better the LFS.

Down with the pitiful P's!!!

SinCrisis 03-31-2011 12:48 PM

You can always log your progress and then summarize what you learned and submit it to the fish profiles. I do think a blog idea is interesting though, but then it opens up another can of worms with having to get editors to make sure nothing offensive is written and whatnot.

stevenjohn21 04-05-2011 01:48 AM

Thats true, i didnt think about that.

Byron 04-06-2011 01:20 PM

I suggest starting a thread in the appropriate fish section of the forum. Redchigh did this with his soil substrate project.

stevenjohn21 04-06-2011 03:12 PM

I won't be able to edit it (update) on a daily basis though will i ?
Posted via Mobile Device

SinCrisis 04-06-2011 03:32 PM

you can continually make new posts to update it.

AbbeysDad 04-06-2011 03:44 PM

Think of adding new posts in a thread like new pages in a blog.