Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Other fish to keep with F8 puffers

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rnsheehan21 
#1 ·
I would love to add something else to my tank but understand if this is not recommended! I have 4 x F8 puffers and was wondering whther anyone had any experience of keeping other fish with them? Mine are not very territorial, they actually shoal together! and they spend most of their time behind the tree roots :roll: Is there anything I could keep in this tank also, was thinking sailfin Mollies or perhaps larger bumble bee gobies (although think these little guys hide too don't they) If I had something big and quick would that work? Not so desperate that I'll risk any fish deaths but was just curious :)

#2 ·
I honestly don't know for sure, but you may want to research Knight Goby. They are dull-colored, but truely a beautiful fish. On my most wanted if I ever go brackish.

You may also look into "Dragon fish"/"Dragon Goby"/"Prehistoric Goby". They can be territorial as they age, though, so I am not sure how they would interact.

I don't know if either of these would work with F8s, as I have heard mixed reports on their level of aggression, but these are fish certainly worth looking into.:)

#3 ·
After doing research for my own puffers i would have to agree with your thinking that is not recommended to add fish.....with that said if i was going to try it I would try and find a tank mate that is fast and has short fins, the larger the better......I'v seen videos on youtube of these things eating larger goldfish so i really think you should just keep em on there own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.