Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   help with fish type and compatibility (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/help-fish-type-compatibility-65343/)

snazi 03-15-2011 02:07 PM

help with fish type and compatibility

Can somebody please tell me the name and species of these fishes(the white ones). I got them just a few hours back but one of them(larger one with blue line) seems to be messing with my black moor and other gold fishes, you can even see it in the video. I know its stupid of me not to inquire about them before buying but I just liked them. Also can these safely stay with my black moor,angelfish, blue line shark and gold fishes coz it might just be playing around.

here is the video I made please have a look:

snazi 03-16-2011 02:46 AM

any one?

snazi 03-17-2011 06:46 AM

somebody please help me before my fish die :|

tanker 03-17-2011 07:08 AM

I can't see them well enough in the video, but if they are aggressive to your existing fish, take them out and return them to the shop.

You've got some compatibility issues there. For a start, angelfish are tropical and goldfish are coldwater fish. It'd be a good idea to do some research about what fish should be housed together and what conditions they need, but first of all you need to return those aggressive fish, whatever they may be.

Lupin 03-17-2011 07:31 AM

I can't believe you bought these two koi. These are incredibly large as adults spanning 3 feet in length. Better get rid of them. If you have a neighbor who owns a large pond, then they can have those two. They are absolutely incompatible with all fancy goldfish as koi are more aggressive and could beat up the fancies in the process. Any resulting injuries can cause the goldfish to float, a damage which can also become permanent.

snazi 03-18-2011 05:26 AM

Thanks for your input guys and @lupin are you sure these are koi, can you tell me their exact name. I have noticed that the fishes have become friendly with their fellow fish. Now both of them are calm and not messing with the others for 2 days. Do you still believe I should remove them ?

snazi 03-18-2011 06:17 AM

I've made a new video so that you people can see the fishes properly

fish4ever 03-18-2011 07:05 AM

it looks like a koi and they can get territorial

Lupin 03-18-2011 07:42 AM

Not territorial but rather too boisterous for the likes of other fish especially fancy goldfish especially during spawning season. They will still grow too big. They are NOT aquarium fish. Please either get rid of them and get them a pond. You definitely have koi. Look at their barbels. Goldfish do NOT possess barbels.