Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from Sudbury (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-sudbury-65275/)

fishnwire 03-14-2011 06:23 PM

Hello from Sudbury

Hey Folks...

I'm Marshall and I'm new here. I'm in Sudbury Ontario and I look forward to meeting and conversing with you all. We'll see you around.

stevenjohn21 03-14-2011 11:37 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum, it seems very quiet on the forum tonight so dont think people are ignoring you ;-)

What fish do you keep ?

SeaHorse 03-15-2011 10:20 AM

Hi fishnwire. I'm from Ontario too!! Lots of wonderful people in here, been a quiet few day tho. Lots of members in here from all over the world. Glad you found us!

Doctacosa 03-15-2011 11:52 AM

Hello fellow Canadian, welcome around. :-)

fishnwire 03-15-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 (Post 618693)
Hello and welcome to the forum, it seems very quiet on the forum tonight so dont think people are ignoring you ;-)

What fish do you keep ?

Right now I actually don't have a single fish. I've been out of the hobby for a couple years although I used to be very into it. At one point my Dad and I had a fishroom with 17 active tanks. We kept a pretty wide variety of freshwater fish. I had a preference for South American cichlids but kept everything from a brackish tank to one of native species I collected while fishing. We did a bit of breeding too.

I just set up a little ten gallon I had in storage and am attempting a fishless cycle. I'll post a report on how it is going later...assuming I have something worth reporting.

I'm probably just going to get some tiger barbs and some other ornimentals once the tank is cycled. I have some bigger tanks in storage at my Dad's house so if I start to get obsessed again, I'll set those up next. I kept Blue Rams one time and they died. I was very disappointed and want to take another crack at them. I'm also thinking about another brackish tank. I had scats before but Ithink I'd like to try puffers and/or monos.

I've also basically never kept live plants, and never attempted anything close to a planted tank. That's something I want to experiment with for sure.

fish joey 03-15-2011 06:00 PM

Welcome to TFK couldnt help but notice your jeep... my Hubby has two and is in a jeep club:lol: two worlds colliding

willow 03-19-2011 05:49 PM

hello and welcome. :)

brownmane 03-19-2011 09:49 PM

Welcome. Sounds like you may be busy soon. There are all kinds of helpful people here.

aunt kymmie 03-24-2011 03:31 PM

Hi Marshall, welcome to TFK! We are glad you found us. :-)

Bluewolf222 03-29-2013 08:19 PM

Are there any others in Sudbury? I'm looking for other people to trade fish/plants with. Trying to find as many people as possible.