Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Sweet Aquatics (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/sweet-aquatics-65209/)

alidawn15 03-14-2011 12:43 AM

Sweet Aquatics

Has anyone else had any dealings with them lately? I paid for plants on February 24th, and checked a week later and sure enough one of the plants i ordered was out of stock. I though okay no biggie maybe it'll be next week. Well long story short here it is March 14th and I haven't heard anything from them. I've emailed them both before I bought plants and again a couple of days ago. Are they having some sort of problem that anyone knows of?

Oompa 03-14-2011 08:28 AM

I've ordered on Feb. 11 and have yet to have my order ship yet. From what I have been able to contact them about it seems they lost a lot of their plants due to the blizzard awhile back. But I've been waiting for over 4 weeks now and I don't have much confidence about receiving plants anytime soon, but I did read on another forum that someone ordered late Feb. and already received their order. :evil:

Mary is pretty good about replying back at sweetaquatics@fuse.net.
Here's what I received on March 2.

Code:

I apologize for the delay in shipping. We had storm damage to our facility and
had to move to a new location. We are replacing the plants that were lost. The
is what the hold up is. They were suppose to be here this week, earlier today I
found out the shipment will be here early next week. As soon as we get them we
will be shipping out the orders. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks
Mary

redchigh 03-14-2011 11:50 AM

Yes, it does take a while sometimes... Remember, they're not a huge corporation.

Romad 03-14-2011 01:01 PM

Not to worry. I had the same experience with them to try to pin down a shipment date because I ordered a few weeks prior to Thanksgiving last year. My plants arrived in great shape the day before Thanksgiving.

It sounds like they're trying their best to accomodate their customers given the recent setbacks they had.

alidawn15 03-14-2011 02:55 PM

I tried the contact us thing on the website and didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd try you guys. I've read so many reviews that I couldn't believe they would intentionally jerk people around, so in a way I"m glad that's what is going on.

Oompa 03-14-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alidawn15 (Post 618065)
I tried the contact us thing on the website and didn't get an answer, so I thought I'd try you guys. I've read so many reviews that I couldn't believe they would intentionally jerk people around, so in a way I"m glad that's what is going on.

I first tried the contact us on their page and still have yet to get a response. After 3 weeks I filed a PayPal dispute because I was unsure if they were ever going to ship my order and the lack of communication. Mary responded immediately and I canceled the dispute and still hoping for the best. :roll:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you didn't see above, if you would like to contact Mary about your order or any questions email her at sweetaquatics@fuse.net. She usually gets back with me in a few days. :-)

Panthera 03-14-2011 05:25 PM

I ordered mine on like February 28th, and still they haven't been shipped :/ Idk if I should just wait or ask for a refund. I wanted these by Friday because I need some plants to put in my betta spawning tank, but it doens't look like that'll happen.

alidawn15 03-14-2011 05:48 PM

We take our chances when we order from small companies though. They don't have the ability to recover as fast as chain businesses do.

zof 03-14-2011 07:15 PM

Its defiantly a trade off with using sweet aquatics, excellent quality product at the lowest prices but slow at getting the product out the door.

stevenjohn21 03-14-2011 07:16 PM

11th February i placed an order, i was a little bit annoyed after still not recieving them 2 weeks later so i e-mailed them and got this reply. . . . .

" Sorry for the lack of communication and slow shipping. We had storm damage to the facility and had to move locations. We are restocking and will be shipping orders out as soon as possible. Sorry it took so long to answer your email, we are using a new email and have to reinstall everything. We spent 2 days so far trying to get our printer/fax to work (seems its not compatible with windows 7). It seems nothing is going right with this computer. I appreciate your patience with the oder. We are sending extras with the orders since it is taking so long"

It seems they are struggling at the moment, just be patient im sure we will be rewarded with some great plants . . . and some extras ;-)