Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   found out how bad it is for fish to be in small tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/found-out-how-bad-fish-small-65157/)

clayton1169 03-13-2011 03:23 PM

found out how bad it is for fish to be in small tank
 
yesterday I picked up some fish someone on craigslist was giving away cause they were taking down there tank a gold severum and a geo jupari they were in a 29 gallon tank that smelled so bad the jupari was average size with the worse hole in the head i've ever seen and the severum is huge like 8 inch and the top of it's head is caved in and deformed I still took them cause I felt bad and they were free put them in my 125 so they can enjoy the rest of there deformed life8-)

1077 03-14-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayton1169 (Post 617196)
yesterday I picked up some fish someone on craigslist was giving away cause they were taking down there tank a gold severum and a geo jupari they were in a 29 gallon tank that smelled so bad the jupari was average size with the worse hole in the head i've ever seen and the severum is huge like 8 inch and the top of it's head is caved in and deformed I still took them cause I felt bad and they were free put them in my 125 so they can enjoy the rest of there deformed life8-)

This is not always a good idea. If these fish harbored any parasites or bacterial infections,, it is quickest way I kinow to introduce them to your aquarium.

SeaHorse 03-14-2011 08:49 AM

How very kind of you to try to give them a better life. I hope their issues are from old illnesses and not anything current. Sometimes our acts of kindness bite us in the butt. Hope it all works out. we would love to see pics of these two rescues. It is so sad to see fish in tanks too small or overcrowded.

clayton1169 03-14-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1077 (Post 617760)
This is not always a good idea. If these fish harbored any parasites or bacterial infections,, it is quickest way I kinow to introduce them to your aquarium.


I checked them out pretty good before adding to my tank they did have ick or show any signs of external parasites mainly hole in the head and growth deformities

1077 03-14-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayton1169 (Post 617804)
I checked them out pretty good before adding to my tank they did have ick or show any signs of external parasites mainly hole in the head and growth deformities


Many parasites are internal and passed on through feces to other fishes when the affected fish passes these parasites and other fishes ingest them while feeding ,foraging, along the bottom.
I applaud you for wanting to help these poor fish but sometimes our good intentions come with not so good consequences.
Treating your 125 gal tank with medications would be both labor intensive,(water changes) and expensive (buying medications).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2