Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Nano Reef (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/)
-   -   29 Biocube (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/29-biocube-65066/)

dylanfish 03-12-2011 12:28 PM

29 Biocube

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys i got my biocube 4 weeks ago and every thing is doing great i have 2 Ocellaris clowns 1 firefish and 1 Coral beauty right now probably only add 1 more fish and for coral i have a frag of pulsing xania and a blue mushroom now that i got all my fish in there im gonna start putting in corals and adding a powerhead but every thing is doing great i really like the 29 gallon biocube.. i will be adding updates when thing go on.

reefsahoy 03-12-2011 03:49 PM

nice start! hope to get mine going soon too! what are your plans with the cube?

dylanfish 03-12-2011 10:23 PM

the only other fish im putting in there is a green mandarin thats it for fish im putting a skunk clearner shrimp later on and for coral just like soft corals i might get a anemone for the clowns but i dont know yet bc i dont want it to sting any of my other corals i dont know yet i might and maybe a decorator crab..

badxgillen 03-13-2011 12:27 AM

nice

things look good man..and your fish stocking choice sounds nice too.a rainbow of colors..remember that the decorator crab may decide to utilize your coral sometimes..

reefsahoy 03-13-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dylanfish (Post 616823)
the only other fish im putting in there is a green mandarin thats it for fish im putting a skunk clearner shrimp later on and for coral just like soft corals i might get a anemone for the clowns but i dont know yet bc i dont want it to sting any of my other corals i dont know yet i might and maybe a decorator crab..

sometimes clowns will host corals too, like torches, frogspawns, flower pots. so you can try those if you think the anemone will move around

dylanfish 03-13-2011 10:32 AM

ok thanks guys i will keep u updated

dylanfish 03-13-2011 12:30 PM

and i got some really nice polyps today and i can see i am starting to get diatoms how long to diatoms last??

dylanfish 03-16-2011 10:51 AM

??????

badxgillen 03-16-2011 04:17 PM

hmmm

various factors come into play when it comes too blooms..first would be excess of nutrients so check your perameters including phosphates and nitrates..down the photoperiod a little..add clean up crew acordingly carefull not to overstock..it sould be a few days or a couple weeks..hard to tell...especialy when in the dark about the eviroment..

dylanfish 03-16-2011 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yea i got a cleaner crew a while ago i have 4 hermits 5 snails and 4 nessaruis snails heres a pick of the tank now. its week 6 now.