Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Dying plants

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ghostgirl 
#1 ·
I have recently redone my 20 with eco complete it is cycling but all my plants are dying or dead. I have been using flourish comprehensive. My 125 I have done using black sand that is "designed" for plants and also using flourish comp. In the big tank the only dead or dying is my bananas. Pics to come soon. Lights are on from 10-10 I don't remember what kind of lights but they are the same ones I was using before with great results I will probably change the bulbs on the 20 though.
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
If you have no fish in the tank, it could be a lack of nitrogen and CO2.

IMO, Flourish Comprehensive is great with fish, but it just doesn't have enough of the Macros to work by itself without fish waste. (Phosphate and Nitrogen are commonly in fish waste)

What kind of filter are you running? In an uncycled tank CO2 levels are probably extremely low as well. Stop the surface of the water from being agitated by the filter if possible.

#3 ·
The large tank has five bala sharks the small has two neons and a bunch of guppies

#4 ·
the first 3 are of the 125
the last on is the 20

obviously i was mid water change and the stockings have gravel from the 125 before I switched the substrate to help with the cycling

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.