Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Car Problems (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/car-problems-64652/)

Cassandra90 03-07-2011 05:37 PM

Car Problems

I drive a 2000 ford expedition with 116,130 miles on it.

This past weekend I drove it to a friends and when I went to leave the whole car was shaking while driving. So I took it around the block stoped, reversed, went again then let it sit in idle for a good 20 minutes. I shut it off and turned in back on. The engine light came on.

I know my universal is going. But when that is going shouldn't it only shake when in motion?

I am going to get some dry gas just in case there is water somewhere in the lines. Since it is mid winter here with it raining, snow, ice, and melting. I am planning on starting it every hour or so and let it run for a bit. If it is still doing this in the morning I am going to take it to the local ford dealership near here since I am about an hour from home.

Does anyone on here know what could be another possibility?

leogtr 03-07-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 612063)
I drive a 2000 ford expedition with 116,130 miles on it.

This past weekend I drove it to a friends and when I went to leave the whole car was shaking while driving. So I took it around the block stoped, reversed, went again then let it sit in idle for a good 20 minutes. I shut it off and turned in back on. The engine light came on.

I know my universal is going. But when that is going shouldn't it only shake when in motion?

I am going to get some dry gas just in case there is water somewhere in the lines. Since it is mid winter here with it raining, snow, ice, and melting. I am planning on starting it every hour or so and let it run for a bit. If it is still doing this in the morning I am going to take it to the local ford dealership near here since I am about an hour from home.

Does anyone on here know what could be another possibility?

hey there!

it could be your ball joints..that was my case. I thought it was the rims, the tires I thought they needed an alignment or have them rotated but no in the end I spent alot of money on those things and other crap because thats what dum mechanics told me and the dealership? forget about it. you need to find an honest mechanic who can give you an accurate diagnosis and have the problem resolved as soon as you can before it really gets worse.

try angieslist.com in that website people from your area put in their recommendations of places that they have been to and their opinion on them. try it Im sure that in Chicago there are many good places.

good luck!

Yosilior 03-24-2011 04:42 PM

Hi, I agree with leogtr, have a mechanic check your ball joints, basically your entire front end. Even alignment. I'm not a betting man, but I'd wager that since your vehicle has more then 100,000 miles on it, the culprit is something on the front end.

For a quick fix I'd recommend buying some dry gas, like you are doing, and/ or putting the high test gas (most expensive) in. I'm only answering because I work on cars for a living. Those Ford trucks are notorious for ball joint and suspension problems...but only after the warranty expires.:lol: