- - swim bladder disorder?
|Ghost15 ||03-04-2011 05:44 PM |
swim bladder disorder?
hey so one of my pearl danios has been swimming kinda funny recently... he has been swimming kinda sideways... and today i went to check on him and now he is like swimming sort of in circles and is really swimming sideways.. he is like swimming flat on his side... it doesnt appear that anything else is wrong with him.. he has been eating like normal too.. so i was just wondering if this sounds like swim bladder disorder.
thanx for any thoughts. :-D
|Lupin ||03-04-2011 08:07 PM |
Could you please offer more info?
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
|Ghost15 ||03-05-2011 01:11 PM |
well.. i have a 20 gallon freshwater set up with all good water parameters.. the temperature is around mid-70s and the tank has been running for over a year now. I have 10 fish in my tank.. 6 pearl danios, a kuhli loach, 2 cories, and a red-tailed shark. All new fish i get are put in quarantine for around 3-4 weeks. I have fake plants, gravel, and a house for decor.
everything about my pearl is normal except that he is swimming sideways. He looks perfectly healthy but is just swimming sideways... and i have not treated him for anything.
|dramaqueen ||03-06-2011 12:29 AM |
It would help us more if you could fill out the form that Lupin posted.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM. || |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2