Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Ponds and Waterfalls (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ponds-waterfalls/)
-   -   tank snails. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/ponds-waterfalls/tank-snails-64351/)

willow 03-04-2011 02:48 PM

tank snails.

hi all who read this.
i would like to build a pond in the garden this summer,i'm wondering
about snails,and what if anything is the advantage,also is it possible
to add snails from your fish tank . ?
TIA.:-D

Lupin 03-04-2011 07:15 PM

Yes, you can. I find that trapdoor snails are most desirable for ponds. They do exceptionally well in ponds than in tanks as they prefer to eat decaying plant matter and algae which tend to be lacking in tanks. You may also add physas, Lymnaea stagnalis, MTS and ramshorns in the pond.

Apple snails, on the other hand, tend to have uglier shells in ponds than in tanks. Not a fan of keeping them in ponds.:?

willow 03-05-2011 05:43 AM

super wonderful,thankie. :-D

willow 03-21-2011 08:29 AM

i have a hole in my garden and my liner should be here tomorrow.:shock:
took me less time that i thought it would to dig it out !!
the liner comes with underlay in with the price,so all sorted,then need a filter and pump.

bearwithfish 03-23-2011 11:54 AM

best bet is get a good pump and make a filter from a 5 gallon bucket ;) cot of pump plus about $10-$15 and you are all set//// tip from a friend of mine seed the filter off one of your tanks!!!!!!!

willow 03-23-2011 05:32 PM

filled in the hole today............long story.
thanks anyway. :)

bearwithfish 03-23-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 627114)
filled in the hole today............long story.
thanks anyway. :)

i got time tell us what happened >...

willow 03-24-2011 10:12 AM

ha.
well i got the liner and stuff,dug the hole,laid liner cut all in the wrong places
screwed it up with measurements and leveling,threw a tantrum:oops: riped the liner,threw another teddy :oops:,used some foul language,filled it in.
very childish for a "cough cough" mature woman i know.
i think this week is not good for me to try anything DIY,as even today i went to pull the blind up
in one of the childrens bedrooms and i riped it off the wall :shock:

LasColinasCichlids 03-24-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow (Post 627633)
ha.
well i got the liner and stuff,dug the hole,laid liner cut all in the wrong places
screwed it up with measurements and leveling,threw a tantrum:oops: riped the liner,threw another teddy :oops:,used some foul language,filled it in.
very childish for a "cough cough" mature woman i know.
i think this week is not good for me to try anything DIY,as even today i went to pull the blind up
in one of the childrens bedrooms and i riped it off the wall :shock:

Sounds like me!!! lol

I tend to get VERY frustrated when doing things like that, and they seem to always end in me throwing or breaking something along with a few choice words. So, I have learned to have at least one person there to assist me and calm me down...this way I have a chance at getting it accomplished.

willow 03-25-2011 11:41 AM

i think i'll get someone in who knows what they're doing next time.
probably not a pretty sight me trumping around the garden in my wellies !!