Picking up angels - advice?
I'm planning to get a school of angels for my 125 gallon planted - i'm wondering two things.
1) What number? I was thinking 6-8. I want them to be happy and peaceful and spread any aggression they may have (I plan to get juveniles and watch them grow out)
2) Will they school regardless of coloration? It's just a visual thing correct - it's all the same species. Only difference being if they are wild or not? (Like discus, coloration may be different but it's all the same fish)
3) Any suggestions on what colors to pick up? I'm a fan of the black lace myself. Also, perhaps a dealer? Liveaquaria is where I usually go, but doesn't have all the colors.
1. 6-8 is fine. Your tank can handle up to 10 but you will need backups in case they start pairing off as they grow. Breeding pairs tend to terrorize other angels.
2. Young angels do school but as adults, some become solitary, some pair off, the rest still group around if they don't feel secure with their surroundings.
3. I like double blacks most although they're extremely delicate in some instances. Golds, pearlscale, blushing, koi, marble, zebra and even Pinoy angels (developed by fellow countryman, Ken Kennedy) work. It's up to you which one you like.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.