Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Need Beginer Plant Suggestions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/need-beginer-plant-suggestions-64021/)

Cassandra90 02-28-2011 09:34 PM

Need Beginer Plant Suggestions

2 Attachment(s)
I have a 55 gallon long tank and I am slowly gaining live plants.
At the moment I have:
2 Java Ferns
3 Moss balls
1 Aquatic fern Not sure what it is
1 Sword plant
1 Money Wart

The java fern and money wart is doing the best in the tank. It is growing like crazy.

What are some simple easy plants that I can get to start the process more on changing my tank to a complete planted tank?

I have in the tank:
1 Angel fish
2 Kissing Fish
5 Cory Cats
1 Rubber Lip pleco
1 Killi Fish
1 Giant Diano
Numerous tetras

leogtr 02-28-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 605214)
I have a 55 gallon long tank and I am slowly gaining live plants.
At the moment I have:
2 Java Ferns
3 Moss balls
1 Aquatic fern Not sure what it is
1 Sword plant
1 Money Wart

The java fern and money wart is doing the best in the tank. It is growing like crazy.

What are some simple easy plants that I can get to start the process more on changing my tank to a complete planted tank?

I have in the tank:
1 Angel fish
2 Kissing Fish
5 Cory Cats
1 Rubber Lip pleco
1 Killi Fish
1 Giant Diano
Numerous tetras

hi there!!

try to get Amazon swords, Red flame swords,Cryptocorynes, and some Rotala Rotundifolias they are doing so well in my little 20 gallon tank other than the snails eating them up!(I just got an Assassin snail because I cant stand those little bladder snails anymore) I am a beginner and I have those plants plus the java ferns and moneyworts and some others unknown. Do watch out for snails though I thought that the acute bladder snail was going to be okay because their profiles say that they dont eat plant but no they really do eat them my little moneywort is almost gone :(

and may I add that you have such a beautiful aquarium!?

Cassandra90 02-28-2011 10:33 PM

Ill take a look into those plants. I have a hard time keeping any form of snail in my tank. My fish gobble them up once they see one. Ill my mystery snails die off after a week.

It is a snack for my fish.

Yeah my money wort grows crazy.

leogtr 02-28-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 605262)
Ill take a look into those plants. I have a hard time keeping any form of snail in my tank. My fish gobble them up once they see one. Ill my mystery snails die off after a week.

It is a snack for my fish.

Yeah my money wort grows crazy.

thats good last week I removed about 400 snails from my tank..its crazy that only about a month ago I only had like 5

Cassandra90 02-28-2011 10:59 PM

Holy cow 400 that is a lot. I am glad I don't get that many.

I have gotten a few from my live plants. But no biggie. I would like to keep some snails but I never can keep them alive.

LOL I have the snail death symptom and blue fish symptom. I can't keep snails or blue fish alive.

leogtr 02-28-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra90 (Post 605293)
Holy cow 400 that is a lot. I am glad I don't get that many.

I have gotten a few from my live plants. But no biggie. I would like to keep some snails but I never can keep them alive.

LOL I have the snail death symptom and blue fish symptom. I can't keep snails or blue fish alive.

I want blue fish :( I wish I could find Cochu Tetras but they are so rare in stores.

Cassandra90 02-28-2011 11:46 PM

I have an aquarium store about 20 mins. away from me which carries those.