Tropical Fish Keeping banner

my fish looks pregnant but never has fry...

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  froggle1 
#1 ·
I have a 10 gallon tank with 2 female mollies and 1 male. I put a post on here not to long ago asking for others opinions 2 if my fish was pregnant. Everyone agreed she was but she never had her fry and now looks thinner. I know mollies tend to eat their fry but I watched very closely while she was pregnant to make sure that wasn't the case. My second female (who has had fry before but it was while she was my only fish. She must have come from the pet store that way) is now looking pregnant too and has for awhile but still no babies. Does anyone know what might be happening?

#2 ·
Are you sure your not overfeeding? Sometimes with my Platys if i give em too much food they look really bloated and fat. after a day or two they return to normal size with no feeding. try feeding one flake a fish or not at all for one day.

I'm not an expert but that may be the cause of this 'pregnancy' :-D

#3 ·
can you see black dots in the back of her tummy? or does it just bloat and go away if it is just bloating and going away your probly just a lil over feeding a bit.

#5 ·
sometimes the mother ill absorb the pregnancy because of stress. Are there any factors of stress

#7 ·
Umm agression to little space or maybe to much of a current

#10 ·
okay well try to seperate the females when they look preggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.