Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   Which t-5 ? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/t-5-a-63535/)

briang 02-23-2011 11:00 AM

Which t-5 ?

I need to get a new light. I decided on a 6 bulb T-5. What brand do you guys recommend?;-)

reefsahoy 02-23-2011 02:12 PM

alot of that depends on budget and what you are planning to keep. for efficiency, just make sure you get individual reflectors for each bulb. bubl selection is real important too so keep spectrum in mind as the whiter light you go you get growth and towards the blue spectrum you get colors to pop.

briang 02-23-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefsahoy (Post 599577)
alot of that depends on budget and what you are planning to keep. for efficiency, just make sure you get individual reflectors for each bulb. bubl selection is real important too so keep spectrum in mind as the whiter light you go you get growth and towards the blue spectrum you get colors to pop.

Yea, I'm definitely getting individual reflectors. I have a 2 year old corallife which is a 2 bulb and and 4 bulb something or other that died on me and is in the basement. I'm just looking for a decent 6 bulb in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range that is gonna last more than 2 years, if there is such an animal lol

reefsahoy 02-23-2011 10:28 PM

should be a good one.
Aqua Medic Ocean Light
T5 Light Fixture with LED
Moonlights, 48" 6 x 54W

$389.95

aunt kymmie 02-24-2011 12:04 AM

Brian! How have you been?? While I have no info to offer on a T-5 I'm using this thread to tell you that I've missed you! Life on the island without you just isn't the same. :-(
Kym

trukgirl 02-24-2011 02:30 PM

I personally love my Aquaticlife fixture, ONE plug, and timers for all the different lights are integrated into one panel. Has fans, individual reflectors, you can hang or mount it on legs. I have the 4 bulb 36" version. They make a version with 2, 4, or 6 bulbs, and have a version with metal halides but the MH ones are WAY more expensive lol.

briang 02-24-2011 08:03 PM

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm going to check them out tonight and get something over the weekend. Happy Reefing! :-D

briang 02-24-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 600122)
Brian! How have you been?? While I have no info to offer on a T-5 I'm using this thread to tell you that I've missed you! Life on the island without you just isn't the same. :-(
Kym

Aw, Hi Sweetheart, I've missed you also. I've only PM ed ya 10 times to see how you were but you, you, you, never a a answeared :BIGweepy:

aunt kymmie 02-24-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang (Post 600985)
Aw, Hi Sweetheart, I've missed you also. I've only PM ed ya 10 times to see how you were but you, you, you, never a a answeared :BIGweepy:

Seriously, 10 times? I didn't get anything, I thought you'd forgot about me and was playing guitar for someone else instead of me! I'm sending PM tomorrow, as it's off to bed for me, long day today.