Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Here is what I am getting today! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/here-what-i-am-getting-today-63195/)

SweetPoison 02-20-2011 06:42 AM

Here is what I am getting today!

I think. Tired of researching and planning! So ~ any tips would be appreciated!

* Dojo Loach 3

* Neon Dwarf Rainbow 12

* Denison 6 ( or more? )

* Angel fish, baby, black 1

* Ghost Shrimp ( maybe...Angel may eat them? )

Now ~ could I put one baby male Betta with all of these and what I already have below? What else do you think I should look at?

Thanks, Guys!

Lupin 02-20-2011 06:47 AM

A compromise would be required. Dojos and denisons prefer cooler water. I do not think black angels will be happy with that and they're more fragile than other strains. 22-24 degrees Celsius would be the ideal range for all these fish although the angels are happier with warmer temp.

How big is the betta? It'll work if the angel is still young. For 210g tank, right?

SweetPoison 02-20-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin (Post 595505)
A compromise would be required. Dojos and denisons prefer cooler water. I do not think black angels will be happy with that and they're more fragile than other strains. 22-24 degrees Celsius would be the ideal range for all these fish although the angels are happier with warmer temp.

How big is the betta? It'll work if the angel is still young. For 210g tank, right?

Now ~ Lupin! You are popping my bubbles here! lol! Everything I read states that Denisons require 71-77 degrees.

I have no idea how big the betta is ~ haven't seen one yet! Oh, and this is a 125 gallon.

Lupin 02-20-2011 08:59 AM

Aye! It's the 125g.:lol:

Sooo my posted ideal temp range still works.:wink:

SweetPoison 02-20-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin (Post 595588)
Aye! It's the 125g.:lol:

Sooo my posted ideal temp range still works.:wink:

Oh, right. I knew that. :lol:

In F what is "your posted temp"

Lupin 02-20-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetPoison (Post 595589)
Oh, right. I knew that. :lol:

In F what is "your posted temp"

71-75.:lol:

SweetPoison 02-20-2011 01:37 PM

lol!

Well I am off to Jo Jo's! I am NOT coming home with a bunch of Discus. I am NOT.

aunt kymmie 02-20-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetPoison (Post 595812)
lol!

Well I am off to Jo Jo's! I am NOT coming home with a bunch of Discus. I am NOT.

Well???? Did the NOT NOT work??? :lol:

SweetPoison 02-20-2011 04:38 PM

OMG. Kimmy! Jo Jo's has the best looking Discus I have ever seen since mine. I'm talkin pancake round, woman!

I have tons of pictures. I almost did it, Kym. Almost came home with 6 ~ But I didn't.

I got 5 Roseline Sharks and 2 black Mollies. $77! And ~ when I got home to set up my QT tank, I realized I NO heater! Another $42 at Pecto and I hate their heaters but it is very close. The owner of the lfs told me to go straight home as the Sharks get really stressed in the bag...I am so nervous. My tank is filling now!

I took sponges and media from the 125 and it should be instant cycled right? I hate getting fish. I get so stressed!

Stupid fish. I hate fish.

I will be back with pictures of the discus and mine!!

aunt kymmie 02-20-2011 04:42 PM

Marie, I'm so proud of you, you resisted the pancakes, I'm not sure I could have!! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Make sure that QT is tightly covered, because Denisons are serious jumpers, especially when stressed. They will settle down soon enough, don't worry.