Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Other Pets' Names(excluding the fish) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/off-topic-discussions/other-pets-names-excluding-fish-629/)

Deefish 09-23-2006 09:54 PM

I can't believe that I too have names for my fish! In my defense, my 4 year old daughter named most of them. My Giraffe Hap is Spot, the Yellow Lab is Yellow (I know, very original), The Kenyi is Grumpy because he is a nasty critter. I now have a little pleco that I call Little Guy. I think I should have looked for a bigger one as he is about an inch or so. I worry about my other fish looking at him like he is dinner. I also have a Betta named Red.

Other Animals:

Horses: Conan, Jimmy, Champagne, Tucker
Dogs: Cowboy, Toby and Harley
Cat: Toya (for the dogs...Just kidding-sort of)
Rabbits: Snuggles and Smokey
Parakeets: Snowball and Fruity

Whew! Can any of you beat me in the pet department? :P

Lupin 09-24-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deefish
I can't believe that I too have names for my fish! In my defense, my 4 year old daughter named most of them. My Giraffe Hap is Spot, the Yellow Lab is Yellow (I know, very original), The Kenyi is Grumpy because he is a nasty critter. I now have a little pleco that I call Little Guy. I think I should have looked for a bigger one as he is about an inch or so. I worry about my other fish looking at him like he is dinner. I also have a Betta named Red.

Other Animals:

Horses: Conan, Jimmy, Champagne, Tucker
Dogs: Cowboy, Toby and Harley
Cat: Toya (for the dogs...Just kidding-sort of)
Rabbits: Snuggles and Smokey
Parakeets: Snowball and Fruity

Whew! Can any of you beat me in the pet department? :P

I'm not sure I can beat you.:checkedout:
Fish names already posted but I'll try to name other fish as soon as I distinguish their differences in appearance.:mrgreen:
For other pets:
Mynah(bird)-Kyaw-deceased :blueworry:(dialect version for mynah :roll: ), Stitch
Dogs-Snickers, Smurf, Skittles, Puppy(Heck, who suggested that name to a puppy 14 years ago? :dunno:; he's now 15 yrs old :mrgreen: ), Spike
The first three girls are Miniature Pinscher. :mrgreen: Spike is a dobermann.:thumbsup:
Er..on 2nd thought, I'll give up naming the deceased. I can't remember their names and those alone are rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, budgerigars, bantams(miniature version of chickens) and parrots.:checkedout:
If they were still alive today, I beat you on Pets' Department.:mrgreen:

Deefish 09-25-2006 10:02 AM

You know what, Blue? I forgot about my duck! Something thinks that I am supplying supper for them and I have gone through 4, :( . Only one left and her name is Duck Duck. Guess I should look for Goose, huh? :lol:

I keep trying to talk my husband into a goat but to no avail. Stay tuned though because I usually get my way eventually. :D Dee

So sad that you have to count dead critters to beat me.... :twisted: :wink:

Lupin 09-25-2006 05:36 PM

If only they're still alive, I could have beat you.:blueworry::crazy:

You're silly with goose.:crazy: The goose in our farm are not good. They attack you if you try to walk away.:blueshake:

Deefish 09-25-2006 11:32 PM

I've heard that about geese. Guess I will just keep feeding duck to the wildlife! I really like having a pair of ducks on our pond but I feel guilty come winter when they are walking around on the ice. They are literally sitting ducks for the coyote and fox. I've heard that coons will eat them too. Guess you don't have that problem!

Dee

Lupin 09-25-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deefish
I've heard that about geese. Guess I will just keep feeding duck to the wildlife! I really like having a pair of ducks on our pond but I feel guilty come winter when they are walking around on the ice. They are literally sitting ducks for the coyote and fox. I've heard that coons will eat them too. Guess you don't have that problem!

Dee

The er..raccoons?http://www.tropicalfish.site5.com/ubb/smilies/cwm4.gif
Never had raccoons in our country. The only problem is the presence of big rats measuring almost a foot.:blueshake:
We can't keep ducks in our place. Only in the farm. We don't want muck all over the place.http://www.tropicalfish.site5.com/ubb/smilies/cwm4.gif:bluelaugh:

Tracy 09-26-2006 12:27 AM

Wow, Dee! You're so lucky to have horses :)

Tracy 09-26-2006 12:32 AM

Blue, did you always live in the Philipines or are you from somewhere else? (yeah, I know, you'll probably move this to "off topic" forum :P

Since we're talking about pets: I have 24 fish + don't know how many 'fry' just yet (lol); I have a dog named Buffy, and my son has 4 hermit crabs. Had a dwarf bunny called Nibbles but he died last November :( I have had almost every kind of pet, from a turtle and a goldfish, to a horse. (Okay, I'll shut up now and wait for someone to move this to the right forum).

Lupin 09-26-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_gourami45
Blue, did you always live in the Philipines or are you from somewhere else? (yeah, I know, you'll probably move this to "off topic" forum :P

Since we're talking about pets: I have 24 fish + don't know how many 'fry' just yet (lol); I have a dog named Buffy, and my son has 4 hermit crabs. Had a dwarf bunny called Nibbles but he died last November :( I have had almost every kind of pet, from a turtle and a goldfish, to a horse. (Okay, I'll shut up now and wait for someone to move this to the right forum).

I live in the Philippines since the day I was born.:thumbsup:

Well, I splitted the posts as we are getting offtopic in another forum.:mrgreen:

Tracy 09-26-2006 12:44 AM

What time is it there?