Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   Deal of a lifetime! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/deal-lifetime-62546/)

Skunkmang 02-12-2011 08:52 PM

Deal of a lifetime!

I wanted to share with you guys the Deal i got on this new aquarium.

The new big one - 50 gallon Freshwater fish tank

It is a 50 Gallon with stand, tons of decorations, high and normal PH/ammonia/nitrate test kits, lots of food, a gravel cleaner that hooks up to the tap and sucks the water out then puts it back in. 1g jug of both cycle bacteria and water conditioner, extra filter material, 3 different sized nets, and the best part about this set-up is the Filter, it is a Rena XP4 i looked it up on the manufacturer Website and they have them on sale right now for $249.99 it is recommended for up to 250gal (300gal with extra filter material) the lady bought it only 6 months ago. i think that is a little overkill for a 50gal but hey all the better right?

I also got about 40 Guppy Fry that were living in the filter when i brought it home. And a whole lot of MTS

I got all this for a whopping $125.00!!!! i couldn't believe it i think this lady was a little crazy, and desperate cause she was moving and couldn't take it with her.

Big Jump up for me from my 10gal LOL! :-D

What do you think?

GwenInNM 02-12-2011 09:03 PM

deal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunkmang (Post 588587)

It is a 50 Gallon with stand, tons of decorations, high and normal PH/ammonia/nitrate test kits, lots of food, a gravel cleaner that hooks up to the tap and sucks the water out then puts it back in. 1g jug of both cycle bacteria and water conditioner, extra filter material, 3 different sized nets, and the best part about this set-up is the Filter, it is a Rena XP4 i looked it up on the manufacturer Website and they have them on sale right now for $249.99 it is recommended for up to 250gal (300gal with extra filter material) the lady bought it only 6 months ago. i think that is a little overkill for a 50gal but hey all the better right?

I also got about 40 Guppy Fry that were living in the filter when i brought it home. And a whole lot of MTS

I got all this for a whopping $125.00!!!! i couldn't believe it i think this lady was a little crazy, and desperate cause she was moving and couldn't take it with her.

What do you think?

You're are LUCKY!! I wish I could come across a deal to upgrade. I've been on Craigslist looking, but nothing so far. Enjoy!!!

wannalearn 02-12-2011 11:05 PM

one word.. WOW

pirasha 02-13-2011 01:29 AM

*sigh* so jealous.....have fun with it! :D

Romad 02-13-2011 06:00 AM

Nice :)

zof 02-13-2011 01:21 PM

Nice score!

Christople 02-13-2011 01:31 PM

I got the okay to get a fish tank but I have to wait until after tax season..... I am jealous

Calmwaters 02-13-2011 02:00 PM

I agree WOW!

Christople 02-13-2011 07:34 PM

yah that is pretty crazy

leogtr 02-13-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skunkmang (Post 588587)

What do you think?

nice nice!!:thumbsup:

that filter in a serious overkill though..your fish could get stuck in the intake...does it work okay I mean how is it? do you feel it when you put your hand by the intake?