Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New and possible final Aquascape

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mxgalaxy 
#1 · (Edited)
HI
hope all is doing well... here I am showing a short video of my 55 gallon aquarium which I recently cleaned and replace the substrate with caribsea floramax midnight. The tank currently looks bare but soon the plants will grow in. Some of the ground will be covered with Sagittaria subulata. I will add another update in about 2 weeks. The second Video is a 10 Gallon Planted currently housing 2 dwarf gouramis. Thank You for viewing. :-D

#2 ·
Nice, I think both tanks look great. What occupants will you stock the 55 with? Once those plants get some growth to them the tank's going to look great! I'm not familar with the Caribsea Floramax? Is that a type of substrate that has the possibility of raising your ph??

#4 ·
Hi,
Thanks for the comments. Honestly I wasn't happy with this layout so I switched it up a bit. Here you can see I posted the update. I am definitely going with amazon fish small to med size tetra's.. first choice Serpae Tetra's bc I haven't had them in a while. Then I will just add maybe an angel and a few live bearers. The Caribsea Floramax is by the same company who makes the black tahitian moon sand. It's is a sand substrate formation which is healthy and beneficialt to aquatic plants... to my understanding not supposed to tamper with the ph.

#5 ·
Yes, and it looks good that way too! One suggestion. You have a plant tied on to the end of your driftwood with what, I can't really tell, but it sticks out. You might think about using fishling line instead, as that's clear and you can't see it. Just a thought, it's what I use. The tank looks good, looking forward to seeing it with fish! Any bottom dwellers you're going to add? That's a perfect set up for some cories or loaches.

#6 ·
lol thank you, it's a rubber-band. That's all I had handy for now but i'm planning of picking up something more translucent tomorrow. I actually have some columbian corys I'm thinking of moving from one tank to another or I might get one's that stand out more. There is this certain type of cory I've seen before very small and kind of grayish/silver can't think of the name.... I might go with that. As for loaches I'm planning on going with 2 angelicus botia loach hopefully I can find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.