Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Lace Plant in Spike.. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/lace-plant-spike-61866/)

lionhead 02-05-2011 12:58 AM

Lace Plant in Spike..
 
5 Attachment(s)
I was pickin a few bad leaves off some of the plants, an I noticed my Lace Plant is startin to spike..Have checked my books an have no info on this plant flowering. Any info experances with this plant would be great...an I'm very excited..

Grimmjow 02-05-2011 06:03 AM

"Under the right conditions, these plants will flower regularly in the aquarium." - liveaquaria.com

Definitely post a pic when it does.

Byron 02-05-2011 12:40 PM

This is not an easy plant to even maintain, so you must be doing it right. Well done. Let us know how it goes, and photos of the flower would be welcomed:-).

aunt kymmie 02-05-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 580786)
This is not an easy plant to even maintain, so you must be doing it right. Well done. Let us know how it goes, and photos of the flower would be welcomed:-).

+1. Pics of the flowers are mandatory! ;-)

redchigh 02-08-2011 03:46 PM

very very nice. Please post your parameters, temps, fertilisers, and lighting.

When the flower breaks the surface, VERY gently brush it with an extremely soft paintbrush to get it to self-pollinate.

It'll either set seeds or plantlets- hope for plantlets.

lionhead 02-14-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 584633)
very very nice. Please post your parameters, temps, fertilisers, and lighting.

When the flower breaks the surface, VERY gently brush it with an extremely soft paintbrush to get it to self-pollinate.

It'll either set seeds or plantlets- hope for plantlets.

I never got the chance, it broke the surface during the night, an I found a dried stem in the morning...so sad:cry:

Grimmjow 02-15-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionhead (Post 590771)
I never got the chance, it broke the surface during the night, an I found a dried stem in the morning...so sad:cry:

That really sucks, reminds me of that part in dennis the menace.

redchigh 02-16-2011 12:24 PM

Yea, those aponogeton spikes grow fast.. I measured one growing 3.5 inches in a single day.

Don't worry, it'll do it again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2