My 125 gallon inwall setup from day 1
Well here we got day 1 of the new setup. I am going from 2 systems down to one. I have a 75 gallon reef tank and a 90 gallon fish tank. I am going to build a 125 inwall my display tank with a 55 gallon sump/refugium. here are some pictures of day on. we got alot done.
I am running a little giant pump that pushes 1050 gph at 3 feet. 3 Koralia 4 powerheads that push 1,200 gph each. I will be filtering with the micron filter bags and the refugium. you will see a cut out under the display tank that will be the refugium the hole is 2feet the tank is 4 feet so the protein skimmer the filter bag and the bubble trap will go in the 2 feet you cant see.
I will keep posting pictures as I go along.
well this is the first time I have used photo bucket but I posted all the pictures in reverse order so start from the bottom and work your way up.
Thanks for looking
Looks fantastic Roger, well done :)
WoW, that is awesome work. 8)
Will keep watching so keep posting pics
coming along very nicely.
well I have got alot done in 4 days. cut the sump and added the 1 inch pipe for the pump. also sealed it with silicone. added the live sand and water. now the sand is at 3 inches but I think I am going to add one more inch check out the pictures.
going along just nicely :yourock:
awesome job ,,, im getting ready to do the same i have a 125 and want to put it in the wall aswell , i have the stand the tank came with / SHOULD I USE THAT ???? OR BUILD A NEW ONE ???? could you take a few pics of the back and send pics to firstname.lastname@example.org thks you have a great setup
Lucky I made it easy to remove the refugium. I took the pipe and silicone out. I still had one problem the hole that was in the tank was 1 1/2 inches a 1 inch bulkhead needed 2 3/8 inch hole. well the 3/4 in bulkhead used a 1 1/2 inch hole so I ordered 2 of those and drilled a second hole in the tank and Teed them together before they went to the pump. It is working great no problems. I also teed off the return line and am using Two 3/4 inch unlock systems they work great.
I also put in my divider in the middle of the sump so I could setup my refugium. I cut a peice of glass to fit and got use out of that extra silicon. It has worked well. I added the macroalgee. I also made my own lighting setup for the refugium. I hope it is stong enough to grow macroalgee. it putts out 1600 lumins.
Click here to see updated pictures
I still have to post some new ones I will get them up soon.
Looking good Roger :D
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.