Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New 98gl! New to the forum :-) Some advice, please

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Ladyarya 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm super new to this forum, but, have been reading it for a few hours now & am liking what I see! you're all really helpful & friendly & have some amazing tanks! So, I'm wondering if you could offer some help/advise for a big tank n00b :)

My BF & I have got an established 13g (60ltr) & 20g (90ltr) tank & we've managed to stumble upon a fabulous Jewel Vision 450 aquarium JUWEL Aquarium Homepage (an Ice Hockey friend on Twitter randomly asked if anyone wanted it for £200!, so we snapped him up!)

We've set the beauty up & we're waiting for mother nature to run her course :-D But, have realised that the plans we had for the tank are seriously under prepared! I think we're still on small tank mentality :oops:

So far we have a lovely long stretch of bog wood & 10 natural plants, a circle aerator & so far some coral sand. We'll be getting some coral gravel at the weekend when the LFS has more in stock. The thing is, it all looks incredibly flat & I think it needs some sort of way to create a 2nd level or platform?

We'll be initially introducing our guppies, mollies, 2 bristlenose plecs, platty, pair of Kribs & tetras to the tank (not all at once though lol!) & keeping the 20g tank for the molly & guppy babies.

So, the help/advise we need is...

How could we make the big tank look less... well.. big! how can we create platforms or 2nd levels? I have some smaller plants & larger ones to help create a more interesting environment.

What other fish would you suggest? a big specimen fish or fishes maybe?

I should probably get a picture up too! I'll try & get one up ASAP :)

Sorry for the wall of text! & I look forward to any help anyone can offer

:thankyou:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.