Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Driftwood I bought from stevenjohn21 with java moss/java ferns pictures (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/driftwood-i-bought-stevenjohn21-java-moss-61299/)

eileen 01-29-2011 10:09 PM

Driftwood I bought from stevenjohn21 with java moss/java ferns pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of the driftwood that I bought from stevenjohn21 a few months ago. The piceces were so big I was able to break each of the 3 29" pieces into 3 seperate pieces and make extra pieces. I was able to sell the extra at the tropical fish club auction that I belong to. I used clear fishing line to attach the java moss and java ferns. I piece just kept floating so I used fishing line to attach it to a marble base piece I had. I had them soaking for about 3 weeks in my garage.

Here are 5 picture of the pieces that I use and covered yesterday with Java moss and Java ferns. Just think how that would look in a few months time.

aunt kymmie 01-29-2011 10:35 PM

It looks really nice and in a few months it'll be great, except you'll no longer be able to see your driftwood, lol.
I like the one piece of wood that is arched, very nice.

eileen 01-29-2011 11:15 PM

Thanks, my red cherry shrimps like the driftwood in my 20 gal. tank that I have covered with java moss. I noticed tiny baby red cherry shrimp in my 10 gal. fry tank. I also have a few berried females in that tank also.

aunt kymmie 01-30-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eileen (Post 574082)
Thanks, my red cherry shrimps like the driftwood in my 20 gal. tank that I have covered with java moss. I noticed tiny baby red cherry shrimp in my 10 gal. fry tank. I also have a few berried females in that tank also.

Awesome, are these my "grandchildren"?? lol

eileen 01-30-2011 12:15 PM

Yes, the ferns are from you when you gave me some of your red cherry shrimps. I like those ferns what kind are they? I had a nice piece I put on that curved driftwood in my 30 gallon bowfront tank.

aunt kymmie 01-30-2011 12:39 PM

The are Microsorum pteropus "Windelov", otherwise known as lace java fern. It'll grow like a weed. :-)

stevenjohn21 01-30-2011 01:18 PM

I recognise that wood ! ;-)

It looks great, infact im wishing i had kept it for my tank now LOL. . . . . Thats great that you managed to sell the extras, do i get a cut ? ha ha

If you get over stocked with your shrimp would you mind selling me some ?

aunt kymmie 01-30-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 (Post 574522)
I recognise that wood ! ;-)

It looks great, infact im wishing i had kept it for my tank now LOL. . . . . Thats great that you managed to sell the extras, do i get a cut ? ha ha

If you get over stocked with your shrimp would you mind selling me some ?

It's not if, it's when, lol. Not sure how many Eileen has but I have oddles. Where are you located? I'd be happy to give you shrimp for free, but you pay the shipping. I don't want to ship them unless I know they will survive and that I don't have to use heat packs. Are you on this side of the Rockies or the other??

stevenjohn21 01-30-2011 02:49 PM

Im in Atlanta, Georgia.

aunt kymmie 01-30-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 (Post 574598)
Im in Atlanta, Georgia.

Does anyone know if one can safely send shrimp USPS Express from California to Georgia this time of year safely?? (Without having to use heat packs, which I don't have)