Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   Where do you buy your plants? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/where-do-you-buy-your-plants-60918/)

Plumkin 01-25-2011 02:11 PM

Where do you buy your plants?

Hi, I was wondering where you guys buy your plants at.. I myself have would go to local pet stores but they don't carry many plants and the ones they do just fall apart and are put together with a rubber band.. and petco is a ways away from me , I'm very interested in buying Mother plants online just not sure which website to use and if they would surrvie since its -15 where I live almost everyday [wisconsin]..

DanMarion 01-25-2011 02:17 PM

I always buy mine from local pet stores/planted tank enthusiasts.

I don't like to buy plants without being able to look at them first. My only experience with ordering plants online wasn't a good one, and I don't think it will happen again.

trit0n2003 01-25-2011 02:57 PM

I ordered my plants from two sites

Pet Supplies | Dog & Cat Supplies, Pet Meds | DrsFosterSmith.com Pet Products
AquariumPlants.com Largest online sales / service site for the live aquarium plants & aquarium products community.

both have done well for me and my plants are all thriving

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 01-25-2011 03:05 PM

I get my plants from my lfs but when they don't have the plant I'm looking for, I get them here - Aquarium Plants Pond Plants From Sweet Aquatics

Aqua Jon 01-25-2011 04:25 PM

The only LFS around me is Petsmart/Co which does have some stuff, but no variety. I have ordered from sweetaquatics.com and was very please with what I received. IMO, They are the best value. I just bought a new batch from aquariumplants.com which I would consider second to sweet aquatics, but SA didn't have what I needed in stock at this time. I will let you know how the order from aquariumplants.com turns out, I am expecting it by this weekend

MrEd 01-26-2011 12:21 AM

I get some of mine on ebay, from mikeswetpets

eBay My World - mikeswetpets

they're a little pricey, IMO, but his plants are in very good condition and he has excellent service.

iamgray 01-26-2011 12:26 AM

I've gotten a few from PetSmart. The majority are from the online classifieds for my city (kijiji, usedeverywhere, etc.). I've found that with a lot of patience and persistent checking, the things I want end up there for a fraction of the price of the ones in stores, because they've reached the point of being a nuisance for the seller.

Plumkin 01-26-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEd (Post 570386)
I get some of mine on ebay, from mikeswetpets

eBay My World - mikeswetpets

they're a little pricey, IMO, but his plants are in very good condition and he has excellent service.

wow 3.00 for a nice big plant and only 5.00 for shipping? i dont understand why so cheap but im happy :D

redchigh 01-26-2011 01:52 PM

Some plants are just cheap... Which is good- in general, the cheaper ones are the easiest to grow.

I prefer sweet aquatics.. Lately they're been a little swamped cause lots of people want their plants. :P

Calmwaters 01-27-2011 04:42 PM

I have bought form local LFS, sweetaquatics.com, and aquariumplants.com as well as a couple of buyers on ebay and aquabid and have been pleased with all of my purchases. If you are not in a hurry for them to be shipped out to the I like sweetaquatics, they have great prices and plants but my last two orders they took a week or more to ship them out to me. If you need them fast go with someone else.