Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - Second Aquarium/Looking for help with a quick cycle (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/second-aquarium-looking-help-quick-cycle-60501/)
Second Aquarium/Looking for help with a quick cycle
I am new to the forum, and just looking for some input on my current situation. Thanks in advance!!!
I currently have a 75 gal freshwater aquarium with a Rena canister filter. I am looking to setup another 30 gal aquarium with a HOB filter for two angelfish who have paired up and who have become very aggressive in my peaceful community. I would like to have the new tank setup and ready to go asap, but realize it will take some time. I tried setting up the new HOB filter onto my 75gal but the filter would not fit over the plastic lip. SOOOOO.... here I am looking for advice on a quick cycle.
Any suggestions and or advice would be greatly apprecaited.
What I would do:
1. Get some gravel from the cycled tank, and place it in the new one. (Or put it in the filter.)
2. Vacuum the gravel, let the water sit, and dump the detritus in your new tank. (Or the filter, again.)
3. Feed the empty tank heavily (what you would feed the tank full of fish) with fish food, daily.
After a week or so, you can vacuum the gravel, do a 30% water change, and add some small fish.
Do a w/c once a week minimum for the first few weeks.
Move some of the filter media from your 75 gallon over to the 30 gallon filter. A handful of the gavel from the 75 gallon placed in a stocking or mesh bag and hung near the filter intake helps too.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.