Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Catfish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/)
-   -   help with eclipse catfish?? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/catfish/help-eclipse-catfish-60085/)

steve086 01-17-2011 01:23 AM

help with eclipse catfish??

hey im looking for any information on diet habits or anything else on a eclipse catfish.i think its also known as a sun catfish?? i know they r very shy but thats about it. anyone know anything about them or has anyone had these before? how big will it actually get? is missing fins common in them? only reason i ask is i saw a you tub e video of a fat on and it was missing fins and i got a baby the other day and its missing its left fin, i call him lefty larry. :lol: he swims fin and doesnt seem 2 miss the fin at all looks like hes been missing it since birth. anyway any more ifno would b appriciated.

1077 01-17-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve086 (Post 561915)
hey im looking for any information on diet habits or anything else on a eclipse catfish.i think its also known as a sun catfish?? i know they r very shy but thats about it. anyone know anything about them or has anyone had these before? how big will it actually get? is missing fins common in them? only reason i ask is i saw a you tub e video of a fat on and it was missing fins and i got a baby the other day and its missing its left fin, i call him lefty larry. :lol: he swims fin and doesnt seem 2 miss the fin at all looks like hes been missing it since birth. anyway any more ifno would b appriciated.

The time to research the fishes is BEFORE you purchase them,adopt them,rescue them,etc.
I suspect if you were to google info on Sun Catfish you would find information on them.

steve086 01-17-2011 10:18 AM

yea there was zero info on this website and not much is coming up for eclipse catfish but ill try suncatfish. i suspect u have no info on these fish so dont bother posting on my thread unless ur helping

1077 01-18-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve086 (Post 562048)
yea there was zero info on this website and not much is coming up for eclipse catfish but ill try suncatfish. i suspect u have no info on these fish so dont bother posting on my thread unless ur helping

I am helping, Helping other's who read these post's to become better informed by researching the fishes before purchasing them.
Websites are littered with post's which usually start out.. "what fish do I have" what foods for this fish,Oh no my fish had babies, What now? Will these fish get along? etc,etc.
A little time and effort on researching the fishes that interest you before purchasing them will always result in happier fishes and hobbyist's.;-)