Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   Assassin Snails (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/assassin-snails-60060/)

brancasterr 01-16-2011 07:45 PM

Assassin Snails

Where is the most trustworthy place to buy them? I can't find them in local pet stores can I?

If anyone could direct me in the right direction and what the usual price for these little guys are I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

aunt kymmie 01-16-2011 10:56 PM

I picked mine up at my LFS. I can't recall the price as I didn't pay for it, it was a "gift" from them to me.
(I spend way too much money in their shop, lol)
I "think" they are around six bucks?? Do you have a LFS around your area, and not the usual pet store chains??

aunt kymmie 01-16-2011 10:59 PM

If you can't find them locally I just checked aquabid and they are available there. I've used aquabid in the past with no problems with sellers or deliveries.

AquaBid.com - Your Aquatic Auction Website

brancasterr 01-17-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 561860)
I picked mine up at my LFS. I can't recall the price as I didn't pay for it, it was a "gift" from them to me.
(I spend way too much money in their shop, lol)
I "think" they are around six bucks?? Do you have a LFS around your area, and not the usual pet store chains??

Yeah I don't think there is a LFS in my area. Although I think that there should be...considering I live in the big city of Tampa.

Anyways, aquabids. I've heard of it. It's reliable? I don't want to be ripped of or scammed or anything of the sort.

aunt kymmie 01-17-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brancasterr (Post 561941)
Yeah I don't think there is a LFS in my area. Although I think that there should be...considering I live in the big city of Tampa.

Anyways, aquabids. I've heard of it. It's reliable? I don't want to be ripped of or scammed or anything of the sort.

Agree, you'd think Tampa would have more than one LFS!

Aquabid is reliable, just make sure that the feedback on the seller you are considering purchasing from has nearly 100% positive feedback. Good luck!

Calmwaters 01-17-2011 03:32 PM

I have bought fish and plants both off aquabid with no problems at all.

brancasterr 01-17-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 562278)
Agree, you'd think Tampa would have more than one LFS!

Aquabid is reliable, just make sure that the feedback on the seller you are considering purchasing from has nearly 100% positive feedback. Good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calmwaters (Post 562431)
I have bought fish and plants both off aquabid with no problems at all.

Thanks guys!

I found a couple LFS's the next city over and hopefully I can find some there. If not, I'll try out aquabid.

brancasterr 01-18-2011 05:13 PM

I've called over a dozen LFS's in a 30 mile radius and about 95% of them don't even know what an assassin snail is. What?! The two that did actually know what I was talking about couldn't find them anywhere to be special ordered. UGH!

aunt kymmie 01-18-2011 07:03 PM

Well, at least there's always aquabid!

brancasterr 01-19-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt kymmie (Post 563544)
Well, at least there's always aquabid!

Haha that's true. I found one auction for 5 snails with free shipping for $21. Not bad.

ooh ooh! About how many would I need for a 10 gallon tank? I think 5 would be to many.