Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey All! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hey-all-60052/)

julem35 01-16-2011 05:46 PM

Hey All!

Just to be clear, I am not new to fish keeping or fish forums.

Just call me J, make your life easier.

I have owned fish for a VERY long time, From when I was 3 to when I was six, I kept a little feeder goldfish (named Dorothy :) ) When she died, my mom (who has been keeping fish for a long time as well) got me my first freshwater 30gal for Christmas of second grade. Immidiatly I got into guppies, tetras, livebearers in general, african frogs, a few unsucessful ghost shrimp (due to an overactive yoyo loach) a few danios (didnt really like them) countless plecos (now into ottos, much smaller), I always have neon tetras, guppies and am trying out glofish. I once had a suicidal rainbow shark....

Then I got some mini goldfish [3] (like 1/2 inch) that live in a bowl untill I can seal the deal to get a pond.

I now have six tanks and one cereal bowl.

I have Siamese cats and one Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever named... Red.

I do rescue work and always have new animals in my house, to see the organizations I work for go to forsythpets.com and lanierpets.com

Romad 01-16-2011 06:07 PM

Hey J :wave:

Welcome to the forum. LOL on the cereal bowl :)

julem35 01-16-2011 10:18 PM

Eh, short notice birthing tank, its fairly big tho.

aunt kymmie 01-16-2011 10:26 PM

Welcome to TFK, J. We are glad you found us! :-)

julem35 01-17-2011 12:30 PM

YAY! You guys make me feel loved. Me guppy just finished giving birth to between 10 and 20 fry, so now I have 2 batches. WOOP WOOOP! :thankyou:momma guppy!!!

julem35 01-17-2011 12:37 PM

She had 22, I counted.:shock:

willow 01-22-2011 01:24 PM

hello and welcome.
congrats on the fry. :)

julem35 02-09-2011 07:23 PM

thanks! they are doing great; they are housed in a 3gal with a snail and tons of live plants.

leogtr 02-09-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julem35 (Post 561545)
Just to be clear, I am not new to fish keeping or fish forums.

Just call me J, make your life easier.

I have owned fish for a VERY long time, From when I was 3 to when I was six, I kept a little feeder goldfish (named Dorothy :) ) When she died, my mom (who has been keeping fish for a long time as well) got me my first freshwater 30gal for Christmas of second grade. Immidiatly I got into guppies, tetras, livebearers in general, african frogs, a few unsucessful ghost shrimp (due to an overactive yoyo loach) a few danios (didnt really like them) countless plecos (now into ottos, much smaller), I always have neon tetras, guppies and am trying out glofish. I once had a suicidal rainbow shark....

Then I got some mini goldfish [3] (like 1/2 inch) that live in a bowl untill I can seal the deal to get a pond.

I now have six tanks and one cereal bowl.

I have Siamese cats and one Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever named... Red.

I do rescue work and always have new animals in my house, to see the organizations I work for go to forsythpets.com and lanierpets.com

hi there!!! welcome to the forums!!!!

you wouldnt happen to own a large house with a bunch of animals like llamas and goats and dogs and stuff would ya?...because if you do I think I might know who you are!!

today I was driving and almost hit a dog that left from his front yard! I went into their property to tell them that I almost killed their dog and they seemed to have lots of pets!!(like if they did rescue work!!!) but no one was home except kids. I left a note and my number and the lady called me and she said that the dog was a new rescue.

so yeah I live in Georgia..it would be a crazy coincidence if you were that lady...but yeah!!!:)

Im glad that you joined our community!!! welcome to the tropical fish keeping forums!!!!!!:wave:

julem35 02-15-2011 07:37 PM

No, my dad would kill me if I brought home a llama.

What part do you live in? (Just name the region or something vague like that so no privacy issues)

Thanks! everyone is so nice here!!