Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Sometimes it's the litle things...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  aunt kymmie 
#1 ·
...that excite us. In my 135 Gallon I have a Anubias Congensis that I got back in October. It was huge, almost 2 feet tall. The guy I got it from told me that since it was grown emmersed that the leaves would fall off and then grow back. Sure enough about a month after I got it all the leaves had fallen off and I was left with this large, ugly rhizome with a ton of roots. I trimmed the roots back a little and nestled it back in it's place on some wood. Once in awhile my pleco would knock it off and it would be floating around. People would see it and say "what the heck is that?" FINALLY, a week or two ago I noticed one small leave starting to grow from the rhizome. Today I noticed it has about 5 or 6 leaves sprouting out.

Here's what it looked like when I first got it. It's the tall plant on the right side with the huge leaves.

Here's a pic I took today

See less See more
#2 ·
I understand were your coming from it like that one little thing makes you relies,"Hey I am doing this right!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.